If your suggestion is plugin related on an existing plugin, please put the issue in on the plugin in gitlab.
Follow this check list BEFORE suggesting something:
- Is it a canon spell ? -> Do not suggest.
- Is it about a feature in a minecraft version we a not on yet? -> Do not suggest.
- Did you do research to see if it was even possible? -> If no, do not suggest.
- Is it something from the movies that you think would be cool that would take A LONG TIME TO CODE (ie: newt’s suitcase, moving stairs, jobs after graduation) -> Do not suggest, most likely we are already planning it and you’re just wasting time.
- Is it something like the forbidden spells, horcruxes, flying apparation, or animagus, that you think the server needs and doesn’t have -> If its in the movies in a large part, its not a suggestion, you just want it to happen. Suggestions are NEW ideas.
Add proper channel topics for the different discord channels. Like the ones that appear next to the channel name:
Example for #minecraft-relay: Here you can communicate with the players online on the Minecraft server, use ‘~’ as a prefix before your message to relay a message to the server, like this: “~Hello”
Why it will be good:
Would be extremely helpful for new users, and old returning users to know exactly what different channels are meant for. For example, some people get confused on the difference between the two general channels so it could be a quick way to let people know. Also would save time for mods+ so that they don’t have to explain it everytime someone asks.
How it will work in code/other functions
Go into the channels settings on discord and change the “Channel topic”.
Who do you imagine has time to implement this feature
As far as I know, only discord users with the administrator permissions have the permissions required to change this, so it’d have to be one of them. I can volunteer to write the channel descriptions too so they would only have to copy-paste it into the text field which shouldn’t take that long.