If your suggestion is plugin related on an existing plugin, please put the issue in on the plugin in gitlab.
Follow this check list BEFORE suggesting something:
- Is it a canon spell ? -> Do not suggest.
- Is it about a feature in a minecraft version we a not on yet? -> Do not suggest.
- Did you do research to see if it was even possible? -> If no, do not suggest.
- Is it something from the movies that you think would be cool that would take A LONG TIME TO CODE (ie: newt’s suitcase, moving stairs, jobs after graduation) -> Do not suggest, most likely we are already planning it and you’re just wasting time.
- Is it something like the forbidden spells, horcruxes, flying apparation, or animagus, that you think the server needs and doesn’t have -> If its in the movies in a large part, its not a suggestion, you just want it to happen. Suggestions are NEW ideas.
Change the current texture of stone blocks and similar blocks to have a less gray and more of a light beige sort of color instead as it is canon and more appealing to the eye. As well, have a poll to decide if people would prefer the re texture or not over the current. As well, it is not too drastic of a change that would harm other places that utilize these materials and their aesthetic.
An example from Theo, who provided what a light reshade may look like in comparison to current textures:
These are just potential looks/drafts
Why it will be good:
Adds to immersion of the server by making it more canonical and appealing to look at. The color change itself is very subtle of a change.
How it will work in code/other functions
Texture artists can just reshade simply as seen above and can still alter it if needed and push it to current if it is accepted.
As well the community could vote for whether or not they would prefer to have this change in textures on the current resource pack.
Who do you imagine has time to implement this feature