Apparition vs. Apparation

By popular demand, let’s settle this debate so we can stop having conflicting application titles and such.
Which is the correct spelling?

• Apparition
  • Apparation

0 voters

If you answer this wrong, all of my favorable opinions and respect towards you will be tossed over the top edge of the owlery :slight_smile:

3 Likes

11 Likes

iF onlEe i now to speel… i cloUd an sweR

2 Likes

lol, #Googled xD

Well jk rowling disagrees with my views lol

1 Like

I’ve never even seen it spelled apparition o-o I always thought it was apparation…

Doesn’t apparition mean something like ghosts appearing… or somethin? o-o

Goes to read Harry Potter it’s called

Pretty sure it’s Apparition, it comes from the term Appearing, Go ahead and read what google said, Lol

a supernatural appearance of a person or thing, especially a ghost; a specter or phantom; wraith: a ghostly apparition at midnight. anything that appears, especially something remarkable or startling: the surprising apparition of cowboys in New York City.

Same, I’ve always thought it’s apparation xD. I mean, you say an “a” sound, not an “i” sound there, so it makes sense to me

oooo its 50/50

When it comes to the general term, it is Apparate in the books, along with apparating being described as the act of apparition, but the term for the practice or use is apparition.

This is an excerpt from The Half Blood Prince Chapter Four Page 58: “‘You have not, of course, passed your Apparition Test,’ he said” This occurs when Dumbledore is apparating to Slughorn’s house with Harry.

I trust ze books!

4 Likes

“Apparition | Harry Potter Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia”

4 Likes

hmm i never read harry potter and never plan to so i will truely not know how to spell it till i get to year 6 anyways XD

and to put my bet on the obvious wrong answer is but a life goal i always go for XD

how do you feeeeeel??

1 Like

Let’s just wait and see who Lisa throws off the owlery.

2 Likes

Pande and Alm or Fance and Brian? xD

Apparition = to appear in front of, as a ghost or a mirage
Apparation = noun for the verb “apparate” - to teleport

i think it’s clear what the obvious answer is

2 Likes

Screenshot%20(574)

It may be correctly spelled as “apparition” however I always thought it to be “apparation” because of the way it sounds and because it comes from “apparate”.

y is it spelled apparation in the serv but canon sources say apparition wat also PROOF

28%20PM
39%20PM