Ask Staff Anything! (March)

Ever have a burning question for staff?

Now you can get it answered here, at the monthly Ask Staff Anything event! This is run so that you, the players, can learn more about the various staff members that make the Knockturn experience what it is. The event itself focuses on the Hogwarts staff who are responsible for teaching, lesson writing, chat moderation, player moderation, and various economical jobs. All that we ask is that you don’t request personal information :3

How it works

1. As of the creation of this post, every member may post one question for our chosen interview subject. Keep it appropriate, please!

2. Questions will close after 72 hours, giving you all plenty of time.

3. Our dear Staffy will answer all of your questions!

We’ll rotate staff members, so don’t expect the same person twice in a row~

This month’s Staffy: crap it’s me Almerian MacCraith!

For those of you less familiar with this bum, here’s a blurb.

Sup! I'm Almerian MacCraith, formerly Kirkland and born Shafiq. I'm a Pureblood in disguise and I'll adopt all of you as my Hufflepups if you switch to my house. I'm a Co-Owner, Professor, Lore Head and occasionally help with building and textures. I actually did most of the magic candies so you can yell at me if they're ugly. xD

Get your questions in before Monday the 19th at 10 AM (EST) and stay tuned for the answers!

1 Like

How many Hufflepuffs does it take to screw in a light bulb? One because they’re all muggleborns

But seriously, If you could change one thing about the server what would it be?

How loyal are you to your ingame family? >:)

1 Like

WHere did your inspiration for the last name MacCraith come from?

Why did you choose to change your last name from Shafiq?

Do you still live with Percy? If so, how is he?

Why did you choose your name as Almerian?

Have you ever thought about changing your house? If yes, what made you stay in Hufflepuff?

Are you coming to see me for christmas this year?

Am i a hoofle?

Whatever happened to you saying you’d join me in the birb nest? :<

ALM MAKE MORE CANDIES PLZ.
AND CREATURES

When are you switching to snek pit?

2 Likes

Do The Cows Know? What is Life?

If you could date any spongebob character, who would you date and why?

3 Likes

How’d you find Knockturn?

@casperdanerd But seriously, If you could change one thing about the server what would it be?

I would totally make it illegal to NOT be a llama! >:D
…kidding!

If I could change one single thing about the server, I would go back and change when we implemented certain plugins. As a Lesson Slave Lore Head I think I would have rather seen us get through all 7 years of content before starting auto classes, if only because then we could focus on them as moderately separate tasks. Would it have helped? Possibly not. But I’d want to see more focus in specific areas than spread around.

@Max How loyal are you to your ingame family? >:)

To the Shafiqs? Not at all. My birth name on the server has a history of bad students. In fact, I’m the only one above Year 1! If you mean the friends that have become my family, I feel very loyal. You guys are some of the closest friends I’ve had the pleasure of making over the years, if I’m honest. I’m always here if you need me even if it’s not as a fellow player.

@Katherine WHere did your inspiration for the last name MacCraith come from?

I knew that I wanted a new name and contemplated changing both names, actually! But I realized I’d miss being called Alm, ahaha. I also thought about being a Booth after talking to Max, and various other names, but eventually decided I wanted something Irish as I’m of (mixed) Irish descent in real life.

@ZoeDoesThings Why did you choose to change your last name from Shafiq?

I got married, actually! One of the first friends I made on the server was Kat Kirkland and the two of us got engaged ingame the same day I found out I had been approved to be a Professor. We were married shortly after, had a party in Towny and Bellona Spiritus was my Meat of Honor.

@BemoBabe Do you still live with Percy? If so, how is he?

I do, actually! We have 2 cats now instead of 1 and he actually still uses his discourse account. Mostly to ahahahahaha I would do this too look at the ban appeals and laugh at people if I’m honest. He’s still happily removed from the rest of Knt unless he listens to me rant.

@GinnyGinger Why did you choose your name as Almerian?

It’s a family name! It was the middle name of a distant relative of mine and I actually used it in the name of my first real “OC” that I made. His name is Maddock Almerian, and he is my oldest and most beloved character. I couldn’t pick my last name when I joined, so I made Almerian my first name instead. “Almeria” is also an Arabic name meaning princess.

@ItsRosyCZ Have you ever thought about changing your house? If yes, what made you stay in Hufflepuff?
@Narwhaldo Whatever happened to you saying you’d join me in the birb nest? :<
@EHari ALM MAKE MORE CANDIES PLZ… AND CREATURES. When are you switching to snek pit?

For all three of you: I’ve considered changing multiple times, to either Ravenclaw or Slytherin. I felt like either of those two houses would be amazing fits for me, but various factors dissuaded me over time.

• Ravenclaws, in the period I heavily contemplated the switch, were notoriously mean in House Chat. My roommate irl was a Ravenclaw actually, and would relate to me the issues they had.

• Slytherin had the best chance of stealing me, I feel. Nothing in particular made me feel like I wouldn’t do well in Slytherin references lol but I instead felt like Hufflepuff and I needed each other more.

• In the end, I couldn’t leave Huffle. I am Badgerdad, even if the Huffles don’t always agree or one day won’t get the reference. I’m one of the only higher staff Huffles and I feel like I’m responsible for my Hufflepups. I’m here to help them and I know that unless there’s something huge that happens, I always will be.

@Pandette Are you coming to see me for christmas this year?

Yes, actually! Probably not on Christmas Day but we can talk bout that in DMs lol. I’ve been looking at train/bus ticket prices. :slight_smile:

@PassionFire Am i a hoofle?

Nu, but I love u anyway.

@Choclaholic Do The Cows Know? What is Life?

Err, I don’t know that first reference? And life is what you make of it.

@Sofia If you could date any spongebob character, who would you date and why?

Probably the “CHOOOOCOLAAATE!!!” fish. He seemed chill.

@Leo How’d you find Knockturn?

Hoo boy. This one is…long. So, here’s the gist:

• I was watching people build in Sims 4. I’ve never played a Sims game so it looked like a cool feature! I saw some amazing builds, including one of Hogwarts!
  • I hadn’t played Minecraft in almost a year at this point, but got bitten by the bug to see if there was a playable Hogwarts map. So, I looked up “Minecraft Harry Potter” on YouTube.
  • A KnockturnMC server review was near the top of the results so I watched it and decided to check it out. If I liked it, I’d take inspiration from it and attempt to build my own Hogwarts based on the PC games that I remembered so fondly from my childhood.

So…I logged onto the server. Talking to Oak gave me my name and I blew off sweet, dear @Kendra who attempted to be my Helper. xD

I made my way to Hogwarts with my supplies, was sorted into Hufflepuff, made some amazing friends on the first day and…the rest is history.

Thanks so much to everyone that participated. See you all next month for Ask Staff Anything!

4 Likes

If you could have a mod that everyone could use what would it be? (or like a plugin/bukkit server/ a mod by you)

The event is already over but I’ll answer anyway.

I’d probably want Mr Crayfish’s furniture mod and its expansions. I love Crayfish and his mods but the furniture would be incredible.