Cito Spiralis revert

If your suggestion is plugin related on an existing plugin, please put the issue in on the plugin in gitlab.

Follow this check list BEFORE suggesting something:

• Is it a canon spell ? -> Do not suggest.
  • Is it about a feature in a minecraft version we a not on yet? -> Do not suggest.
  • Did you do research to see if it was even possible? -> If no, do not suggest.
  • Is it something from the movies that you think would be cool that would take A LONG TIME TO CODE (ie: newt’s suitcase, moving stairs, jobs after graduation) -> Do not suggest, most likely we are already planning it and you’re just wasting time.
  • Is it something like the forbidden spells, horcruxes, flying apparation, or animagus, that you think the server needs and doesn’t have -> If its in the movies in a large part, its not a suggestion, you just want it to happen. Suggestions are NEW ideas.

Suggestion
Daniel and I discussed Cito Spiralis and decided that the current version is just not fun and not worth to even cast. We think that if the maximum time limit of someone spinning will be lowered to let’s say 5 minutes max (when Godlike) or even lower it’ll be balanced enough and more fun. With reverting we mean that Cito Spiralis actually spins you instead of moving your head for 1/4 of a circle.

Why it will be good:
Make the spell actually fun and worth casting.

How it will work in code/other functions
Idk if the previous code is there but I think Michael should know how.

Who do you imagine has time to implement this feature
Mr. Michael
Which server?
Hogwarts :slight_smile:

1 Like

Absolutely not. Cito Spiralis in the old version was basically a full on spell silence as you couldn’t input any valid input as well as a near full stun, as you simply couldn’t move at all turning.

The spell concept itself is absolutely toxic and never fun to duel against.
I agree that the current version does not feel as strong as the prior one, but I am not reverting at all.
If we can come up with a better concept for the spell, I’d be happy to adapt it but reverting is off the table, sorry.

1 Like

I agree that for dueling it’s too OP however for general use it could be fun, I’ll think of a better concept :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think if it doesn’t turn the body that kind of negates the purpose. The original version of the spell wasn’t supposed to turn you for 5 minutes, it was supposed to be like a short rotation like 10 seconds max probably, but definitely NOT 5 minutes, thats horrible. It was literally only supposed to turn you around a couple times and then be done as a fun swirl.

2 Likes

That is what I like about the spell aswell^