Classrooms Plugin ~ Survey

Hey guys, I was hoping to get some feed back on the classrooms plugin, before we really start writing new content for it. I know all the old content can be frustrating, but I wanted some hard opinions on stuff before we get too far down the rabbit hole so to speak. I know in the past few there has been some issues because of lore / content issues, and we are resolving them as they come up. Sorry for all the problems you have been experiencing, hopefully we will fix all of them to make everything smooth.

• I find the classroom plugin to be better than lessons
  • I don’t care either way
  • I really hate the new system.

0 voters

• I think the classes should be 10 minutes
  • I think the classes should be 20 minutes
  • I think the classes should be 30 minutes
  • I think the classes should take the full 45! (because im probably psycho).

0 voters

Understanding that shorter exams result in higher chance that missing one question drops your ‘grade’ a lot…

• I think exams should be minimum 5 questions (100/80/60/40/20/0).
  • I think exams should be minimum 6 questions (100/83/…).
  • I think exams should be a minimum 7 questions (100/85…).
  • I think exams should be a minimum 8 questions (100/87.5/…).
  • I think exams should be a minimum 9 questions (100/88.8/…).
  • I think exams should be a minimum 10 questions (100/90/…).

0 voters

Understanding the owls will cover content from year 1 - year 5, answer the following:

• I think there should be more questions as we year
  • I think the questions should be more difficult as we year
  • I think the questions should be more and more difficult
  • I think the questions should be equal difficulty and equal length

0 voters

• Exam content should only be for the year we are testing.
  • Exam content should be for all the years we have taken the class for.

0 voters

• I prefer shorter classes, but a lot of classes.
  • I prefer longer classes, but only a few classes.

0 voters

Assume the classes are 10 minutes long, how many classes should be in each subject (assuming it scales by approximately 1 class per year ~)

• 1st year should start with 3 classes.
  • 1st year should start with 4 classes.
  • 1st year should start with 5 classes.
  • 1st year should start with 6 classes.
  • 1st year should start with 7 classes.
  • 1st year should start with 8 classes.
  • 1st year should start with 9 classes.
  • 1st year should start with 10 classes.
  • 1st year should start with 11 classes.
  • 1st year should start with 12 classes.
  • 1st year should start with 13 classes.
  • 1st year should start with 14 classes.
  • 1st year should start with 15 classes.
  • 1st year should start with 16 classes.
  • More than 16

0 voters

Assuming the same but for 20 minute classes

• More than 16

0 voters

Assuming the same for 30 minute classes

• More than 16

0 voters

• All years should have an equal amount of classes
  • Scaling by year makes sense

0 voters

• All years should have an equal amount of classes, but the length should vary
  • All years class length should be the same.

0 voters

• The content of the classes should get more difficult as we year up
  • Content should be equally easy for all years.

0 voters

• I don’t think attending all classes should be required.
  • I think attending all classes makes sense

0 voters

Assuming classes are 20 minutes long, and all classes have the same (or about the same) number of classes. How many classes do you think we should have per subject?

• 3 classes.
  • 4 classes.
  • 5 classes.
  • 6 classes.
  • 7 classes.
  • 8 classes.
  • 9 classes.
  • 10 classes.
  • 11 classes.
  • 12 classes.
  • 13 classes.
  • 14 classes.
  • 15 classes.
  • 16 classes.
  • More than 16

0 voters

Please also add any opinions below

While it’s obvious that Classrooms is far better than lessons, I believe that the bossbar feature from lessons should be implemented in Classrooms

4 Likes

The only thing I sort of have an issue with is the class number scaling by year. It doesn’t make a whole lot of sense canonically, and the difficulty increasing would be taken care of with increasingly difficult class subject matter. For some of us it’s difficult enough with all the extra things we like to do on the server (and life) to make it to 3 lessons per class, let alone an increasing number of lessons per year for every other class we have to take. At the rate some are able to actually make it to class, it would take an irl year just to year up. Being a 5th year myself that isn’t too much time, but I can imagine how frustrated a first year with not a whole lot of time to attend classes would feel. It just feels like making graduation a near impossible goal to reach.
Side note- I want real professors back but I know that’s a lost dream. :sob:

1 Like

I find attending all the classes is a thing that actually scares people. There is a LOT of classes, regardless of year.

The idea of having to attend EVERY SINGLE class for a lot of people can feel like:

“Ugh, there’s too many classes.”
“Why do I have to attend EVERY class?”

It can feel like a mentally draining thing, and ultimately can lead for people to give up playing and stop trying to year up.

2 Likes

Yeah dude, completely agree with this sentiment. From a developmental stand point I think it would be easier to regulate attending every class but having less classes to attend (taken care of by not increasing class count per year) than it would be to not have to attend every single class. I’m thinking in terms of taking exams, if you don’t attend a specific class, there’s a chance you’ll miss questions on the exams, and your grade will suffer overall for it.

1 Like

Lost dream? This is planned to be implemented??? Did you read the patch notes on these?

As said before, this is a planned future feature

By the way, the current class count is increasing the time you spend. Also please note that yeart 6 and 7 all classes are optional and based on your owls only. ~ don’t forget this key part

Also I note you said first year should start with 8 classes, the current system has 1st year at 6/7 classes, 2nd year at 8/9, 3rd year at 6/7, 4th year at 8/9, and 5th year at 8/9 ish. The later years are maxed at 10 classes, and again, 6th and 7th year are optional content for people if they pass the OWLs for those…

To clarify: You graduate after 5th year if you pass 0 owls. (you have 3 attempts at each owl.) You will be able to take 1 - 12 subjects in year 6 and 7 if you attend it, and only if you pass the owls for those classes.

In the long run, this could mean if there are 10 classes for subject, someone only has to complete 10 classes and an exam to year up

Going off of Pande’s comment, since you have to pass the exams to continue to the next year for years 1-4, I think it’s important to have to go to every class.

Editing to add that since OWLS will have content from years 1-5, you probably want your previous exams to have tested previous years so that you retain that knowledge.

Also as a note to everyone: exams for year 1-3 should work completely very very soon and if one doesn’t, please DM or ping me somewhere ASAP. Years 4+ will be coming soon.

I think that:

Is referring to the when only professors used to teach rather than an automated system?

I didn’t, but after having read them I should still clarify I suppose: I meant real professors for every mandatory class. I preferred the system before automated professors is what I was saying. :slight_smile:

That’s putting us back to only usa people being able to year up.

We never have enough professors to sustain the old non automated system so classes aren’t taught often enough imo and it’s less realistic to an actual school situation since if I remember correctly you didn’t actually have to attend many classes at all, only needed experience and points. Automated classes definitely make it easier and more equal for everyone.

I know this replied to Pande oops but was for Kenzie

1 Like

Looooool and to a time when you saw
Saturday: 3y class taught. 2y class taught
Sunday: 1y new prof class. 3y class taught

Friday: 1y new prof class taught

1 Like

Yes on this system it worked for 1st ywars n sometimes 2nd but no one could year past year 4 mostly

1 Like

Additionally professors would get stressed out to the point it effected their irl time. Wanting real people imo is a tad selfish in that way

Oof my bad y’all, my side note wasn’t meant as part of the criticism, it was a nostalgic musing. I understand why the automated system is in place and not arguing that the old system works better. I know this does, real professors taught classes were just more fun in the long run. I’ll uh keep my nostalgic comments to myself from now on, sorry.

Reasons why (In my opinion) Automated classes are better:

1. Regular content, literally had 12 year old children teaching content they didn’t understand, and instead of teaching would start talking about themselves, and then taking points randomly for fun

2. Regular classes: People on a different schedule can attend when they want

3. Content can be in order, with real professors it was whatever the teacher taught and in order to date

4. Less stress on professors, there were people who would teach 2-3 times a day because of other people slacking and make themselves physically sick, get overwhelmed with the stress, and fall behind on school or irl work

5. Less annoying students complaining about ‘when’s class’ since professor schedule was arbitrary

6. People can actually attend classes for their year, previous either there was no content, no professors, or both

7. Professor doesn’ty have to wait for at least 2-3 students so they can teach to prevent unfair point gain by a user who is the only one in the class.

8. We have the ability to add rewards for completing certain levels of study now, which will be implemented

9. Some users were able to year up without attending classes on the old system which made it pointless and also meant any work one user did was almost nil if someone else just sat afk on the server.

10. The positives of professor classes will be brought back with bonus rewards for users that will make it worth their time to attend them and have fun.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.