Follow this check list BEFORE suggesting something:
- Is it a canon spell ? -> Do not suggest.
- Is it about a feature in a minecraft version we a not on yet? -> Do not suggest.
- Did you do research to see if it was even possible? -> If no, do not suggest.
- Is it something from the movies that you think would be cool that would take A LONG TIME TO CODE (ie: newt’s suitcase, moving stairs, jobs after graduation) -> Do not suggest, most likely we are already planning it and you’re just wasting time.
- Is it something like the forbidden spells, horcruxes, flying apparation, or animagus, that you think the server needs and doesn’t have -> If its in the movies in a large part, its not a suggestion, you just want it to happen. Suggestions are NEW ideas.
Certain users have found it quite funny to send me an obscure block (a stair, a single bone, a knut, a block of cobblestone) specifically to spam me with owl mail messages on Mord every time I speak or execute a command. It would be pretty cool to be able to toggle it like you’re able to toggle global. I wouldn’t mind the notification, but when I have 4 users sending me blocks on main with the intent to spam me with the notification, and the addition of the weekly hogs newsletter, I find myself switching over to hogs on a daily basis (if not twice or three times daily) only to remove mail from an owl because I’m being spammed.
Why it will be good:
It gives the user the option of whether or not they receive cross-branch owl mail notifications.
How it will work in code/other functions
Understanding that it’s an entirely different plugin than knockturn’s chat, I’d like to think that it would work similarly to the /toggle global command. But I know squat about code so I could be wrong.
Who do you imagine has time to implement this feature
I’m hoping it’s not too time consuming for any dev who’s familiar with the plugins involved.
Knockturn Networks (I assume this plugin is included in most if not every server in the network)