Follow this check list BEFORE suggesting something:
- Is it a canon spell ? -> Do not suggest.
- Is it about a feature in a minecraft version we a not on yet? -> Do not suggest.
- Did you do research to see if it was even possible? -> If no, do not suggest.
- Is it something from the movies that you think would be cool that would take A LONG TIME TO CODE (ie: newt’s suitcase, moving stairs, jobs after graduation) -> Do not suggest, most likely we are already planning it and you’re just wasting time.
- Is it something like the forbidden spells, horcruxes, flying apparation, or animagus, that you think the server needs and doesn’t have -> If its in the movies in a large part, its not a suggestion, you just want it to happen. Suggestions are NEW ideas.
Showing some sort of timer, in chat or at the bottom of the screen, or anywhere else, that shows the cooldown of spells.
Why it will be good:
Once you cast a spell, there is a cooldown, and when you are using a certain spell over and over, it gets really annoying to see that the spell had not been casted because of the cooldown. It would be good to have a timer so that we know exactly when we will be able to use the spell again.
How it will work in code/other functions
There will be the name of the spell, a “:” and the amount of seconds left, counting down, until the spell can be casted again. This timer can be anywhere reasonable on the screen. It could be in the chat, or more preferably, at the bottom of the screen, above the health bar. There could also be multiple spells on a timer simultaneously, and for this, maybe it could show both timers, one being on top of the other. If you can’t have both timers at the same time, with one on top of the other, then maybe you can have the timer show up for the first spell casted, and when that timer reaches zero, it will show the remaining time for the next spell that was casted within that time. If none of this would be possible, even just having the XP bar itself be the timer would be better than nothing.
Who do you imagine has time to implement this feature
Perhaps the wand/spell developers? Or even the owners that are able to write the code for it.