Dueling Club Rule Poll

Dueling Club Rule Poll

Some of you may have heard the rumors already, but if you haven’t… [house] DUELING CLUBS ARE BACK BABY!

Yes, they have been revived! Each house already has a team captain which may or may not have been announced already. If not, then:
Ravenclaw: James Strange
Gryffindor: Emily Stump
Hufflepuff: Harry King
Slytherin: Sergio Strange

Before we officially start back, we gotta figure out the nitty gritty details of them. One big one is the rules. Now a lot of topics have been brought up and I want your opinion as a community on them.

Should splashable/drinkable potions (FROM OUR PLUGIN NOT MINECRAFT POTIONS) be allowed in duels? Note: If yes, there would be a limit of how many/what type.

• Yes
  • No
  • Other - Explain below

0 voters

Should items such as healing candies (ie: cauldron cakes, etc) be allowed? Note: If yes, there would be a limit of how many/what type

• Yes
  • No
  • Other - Explain below

0 voters

Should Apparition spells be allowed? (apparate, partier apparate, etc)

• Yes
  • No
  • Other - Explain below

0 voters

Should scroll locked spells be allowed?

• Yes
  • No
  • Other - Explain below

0 voters

Should duels be separated by tiers?

• Yes
  • No
  • Other - Explain below

0 voters

If you voted yes, should each dueling tier bracket be on a different day? (The days would be Saturdays inbetween or after Quidditch)

• Yes
  • No
  • I voted “No” on the previous
  • Other - Explain below

0 voters

If the comps were hosted on Saturdays, would you prefer them to be before, in-between, or after Qudditch?

• Before
  • After
  • In between (2:45-3:45pm)
  • Other - Explain Below

0 voters

That is it for now, but there will probably be a follow up. As for the official list of “banned” spells/items, I do not have one at the moment (other than Transfiguration spells). PLEASE feel free to add one below and any other [constructive] criticism you may have!!

2 Likes

Inbetween Quidditch is a bad idea since teams train in that time. Also can the Yes and No be changed to Before and After so we know what we vote for? :slight_smile:

Yes, my bad! I copy-pasted and missed that. Those of you that voted on the original will need to resubmit your vote.

Yarr harr fiddle de dee, I have an idea for the duelling comps ye.
So, my vision of what would happen in duelling competitions would essentially not be to divide players by tier, but by their skill. In other words, the competition would be similar to tennis- three solo duels, of the best three players in the teams.
(First singles, second singles, third singles) and then two teams of two (first doubles, second doubles) (comprised of people that work well in a team together, or are just below the three singles.)
Very similar to tennis, but I bring it up because I know tennis’s format works. It has 7 players, and room for exhibition (non-point scoring matches) in the same format afterwards.
Each win would give their team a point, and the team that has three points wins.
Modifying tennis to quidditch, we could have our total scoring systems be like quidditch- winning by one point gives a team one point. More on this later, calc test now.

5 Likes