Duelling teams

Follow this check list BEFORE suggesting something:

• Is it a canon spell ? -> Do not suggest.
  • Is it about a feature in a minecraft version we a not on yet? -> Do not suggest.
  • Did you do research to see if it was even possible? -> If no, do not suggest.
  • Is it something from the movies that you think would be cool that would take A LONG TIME TO CODE (ie: newt’s suitcase, moving stairs, jobs after graduation) -> Do not suggest, most likely we are already planning it and you’re just wasting time.
  • Is it something like the forbidden spells, horcruxes, flying apparation, or animagus, that you think the server needs and doesn’t have -> If its in the movies in a large part, its not a suggestion, you just want it to happen. Suggestions are NEW ideas. (We should remove flying apparition from this part, pariter apparate exists in the server now)

Suggestion
[Write suggestion here]
Duelling teams - A sign infront of a designated arena for team duels
Why it will be good:
[Write reason for why it improves the server]
It allows players to duel in teams against other teams, creating the potential for team vs team duelling events, and 1vs5 for those insane enough to fight it
How it will work in code/other functions
[Write for how it will work. Realizing that coding a single spell takes an hour.]
Use the current /duel plugin as a base, and create a sign method to start a duel like the quidditch plugin. Have builder team create a new arena for it
Who do you imagine has time to implement this feature
[Next available time for someone to code is most likely close to december 2018 (needs to be changed too?) due to current plans. So do not follow up this post a week later asking why its not implemented even if the entire community thinks its a fabulous idea.]
to be fair, you’re probably swamped with updating to 1.13 right now, and 1.14 afterwards, so I don’t really mind if it’s implemented later. But, I think carter could handle it
Which server? Hogwarts

I actually did have code for this but it was hot garbage so I got rid of it in the 1.13 update. I’ll return to team duels (and defined/designated arenas in general) when the update is over.

1 Like

Hint: big dueling arena that is next to quidditch that shows this is already planned