Follow this check list BEFORE suggesting something:
- Is it a canon spell ? -> Do not suggest.
- Is it about a feature in a minecraft version we a not on yet? -> Do not suggest.
- Did you do research to see if it was even possible? -> If no, do not suggest.
- Is it something from the movies that you think would be cool that would take A LONG TIME TO CODE (ie: newt’s suitcase, moving stairs, jobs after graduation) -> Do not suggest, most likely we are already planning it and you’re just wasting time.
- Is it something like the forbidden spells, horcruxes, flying apparation, or animagus, that you think the server needs and doesn’t have -> If its in the movies in a large part, its not a suggestion, you just want it to happen. Suggestions are NEW ideas.
Right now, the role “Event Manager” has one main job, which is to make sure events don’t overlap. I think that is a waste of potential for this role and events; I’d like to expand the duties of Event Manager and create a monthly quota for events per region.
The updated Event Manager’s duties would be as follows:
Keeping a calendar of scheduled events, and still prevent any overlap
Enforce a monthly quota of events (Example: X amount of events need to happen in August in Yorkshire)
Supply events with prizes, ideas, and make sure an event is properly organized and complete.
Would be able to host events
Overall this role will mainly supervise events
Why it will be good:
Events, in my opinion, are unique and essential to a happy community. They are a relatively easy way to greatly boost a player’s experience and strengthen a player to staff bond. It’ll allow players who are tired of killing in the Forbidden Forest a chance to win money using other skills, those who are scroll-looking-challenged a chance to win a scroll, and many other fun opportunities for players to have fun whilst winning items they otherwise given up on. An Event Manager update will allow all of these things to happen as close to stress-free as possible, creating an environment where staff members could comfortably host events and stay up to date on any other activities. A quota of events will hopefully (1. Make sure players don’t get bored or lose interest in the server (2. Remind players that staff is constantly trying to improve their experience on the server (3. And bring attention to forgotten/abandoned areas, hosting events in Yorkshire will get more people excited to buy shops there.
How it will work in code/other functions
There is already an existing Event Manager, so if this is accepted then they will have to agree to it or maybe split the duties with another person. It’s just expanding on an already existing idea.
Who do you imagine has time to implement this feature
If I’m allowed to, I’d be 100% willing to help create a calendar using Google Sheets or a website like that, set up any other data, and discuss any final details about the role. If not, then I’m not sure.