Harry’s Dreams

So, I’ve noticed a trend in my dreams, and that’s that they’re all incredibly vivid. And some are interesting.
Soo… I’m going to document them! I’ll post the ones that I do document here.
Note: these dreams will be altered for the sake of adhering to the rules of the discourse.
I’m gonna slap a possible trigger warning here because they feature a lot of bloodshed (because my dreams say so)

2 Likes

Night of January 1, 2020.
The date is August 24th. I recieved an invitation be a part of the first broadcast of a couple’s show, for single people. My brother comes with me as my +1. I like him, but we’re both single. We talk a lot, and practice fighting with eachother. We’re interested in similar games, so we share a lot in common. I walk into the building- it looks nice and very clean- the floor looks almost like a mirror. There’s a red and gold embroidered carpet on the floor, leading up to a reception desk. Me and my brother walked up. I check in and present him as my plus one. The receptionist looks sad. We are sent to a waiting lobby, off to the right of the reception desk. There are several other people there too - we all looked good. They knew who they picked beforehand, and everyone’s plus ones didn’t disappoint either. I felt like the black sheep in the room though; everyone was dressed formally except for me- my brother pointed this out to me with a small chuckle. We took our seats, and waited. After a while, a few more people came and sat down with the rest of the group. The clock in the room - a red analog clock - struck 12:00, and the room went dark.
Quickly, several people turned flashlights on, so we could see what had happened. The door, which had barely lit up to dark room, was shut. We never saw who did it, but up until this day, I swear it was the sad receptionist.
Dozens of phone flashlights had turned on by this point, and some of us started to realize that this wasn’t an accident. Some people were shaking, others were sitting with their arms folded across their chest, waiting.
A few minutes passed, and the air in the room grew warmer and wetter.
An hour passed. A screen popped up in the center of the room, rising out of the ground.
”Would you like new air?”
”YES || NO”
The screen read. Everyone, sweating in eachother’s smell, all agreed to press yes. That was our mistake, the one that would end most of our lives. The one that killed her.
The air vents turned on, and cool air started blowing out of them. We were relieved at first, as the smell of our sweat disappeared, replaced by the smell of this new air. Slowly though, the smaller people started to collapse, and the larger people started to feel woozy. The last thing I saw before I collapsed was my brother standing tall, surrounded by the collapsed people’s phone flashlights, some pointed up at the ceiling, others pointed at the ground. Then everything went dark.

Some time later, I woke up. The air smelled fresh. I could hear birds chirping. Was I dead?
Looking around, I saw nothing but grassland. There was a note at my feet. I read the note, and was horrified at its contents.

Welcome to the Couple’s Game.
Sixty four contestants enter, two leave. Thirty two males and thirty two females will fight to the death until one couple remains. May you find the match you can survive till the very end with.

A scream. It came from my left, and was noticeably a male’s. Not my brother’s, thank god. Then my stomach turned. Could we leave this place together? Or would we be forced to end each other’s lives, like we had practiced so many times?
I started panicking, and ran for the forest away from the screams. As I ran into the forest, movement caught my eye. There was a small clearing just behind the wall of trees, and two people were fighting in it, with one spectator. My brother was one of the fighters. The other man was taller than my brother, and bulkier. Looking at the way he fought though, it looked like he had no experience fighting. He was being overpowered by my brother. Thinking now, I realized that me and Thomas, my brother, shouldn’t see each other’s faces. We would have to kill each other at one point or another. The spectator of this fight was a girl- since she wasn’t the same gender as they were, she could be either person’s “couple” and live alongside them. I approached the spectator silently, hoping to catch their attention alone. She was beautiful, but wasn’t built for fighting. She looked like she had been raised in the city, away from violence. I rattled the brush behind her, and she didn’t notice. I came to my senses and realized she’d probably alert the two to my presence. I didn’t want to fight. So I left. I left Thomas to kill the man or die. After all, I didn’t want to be the one who had to kill him.
…Or did I?
I didn’t want to kill him… but at the same time, I didn’t want him to die by a stranger’s hands. Walking away, I cast one look back. The girl was looking at me. I turned away, and walk-ran, as fast as I could, quietly. It took a while to get away from the sounds of fighting. Once I was sure I was alone, I set up a temporary camp. I needed a place to shelter, and I didn’t think I was going to have any luck finding any caves nearby. The houses that I saw when i woke up probably had a very recent repainting, in red. I didn’t want to check, anyways. Once I had finished setting up my camp, I turned around to go sit on the rock I had designated as my “chair” earlier. I jumped, and almost screamed, but gut instinct told me to stay quiet. The girl from before had followed me. I knew, by the rules, we weren’t a threat to each-other. It would be pointless for her to kill me- I wasn’t her competitor for living. Still, I was absolutely terrified, and ran. I kept running, and I stopped a few minutes later, once I thought I had lost her.
I hadn’t.
She was still there, following right behind me closely, and hadn’t even broken a sweat, whereas I was almost exhausted. I gave up. “Just kill me already. You’ve won.” I collapsed, flopping my arms out at my side.

She looked at me for a moment, considering this, and then sighed. “It wouldn’t do me any good to kill you, now would it? I don’t like the other two boy’s attitudes, but I really don’t like yours either. Maybe I’ll see you around.”
Looking disappointed, she disappeared into the trees, leaving me alone again. I heard my breath, and felt my heart beating against my chest. Slowly, I got up, and started to walk back to the camp I had made. I got there, and it was the way I had left it. Alone. Quiet. Occasionally, there was a scream from far off, but I wasn’t worried. I knew my brother was a good fighter. He’d live… for now.
I needed to scout the area out, and see if I could set up any traps, or find escape routes if someone came. I had no such luck with traps - I never had bothered to learn how to set a trap up with sticks; this was a ridiculous scenario that shouldn’t be happening. I did, however, find a cliff face that seemed to be a good escape route. It was steep enough that you’d slide down, but if you caught a certain branch, you could swing safely down. I didn’t test it, but I hoped that the branch would hold, or at least break my momentum if I ever needed to use it. Returning to camp, something was different. My small stick hut had been disturbed, a part of it knocked in. Someone had been here. Maybe they were hoping to score an easy kill? I didn’t know. Or maybe I just had built it poorly. After all, I had only done it once before with some co-workers. Fear got the better of me though, and I decided to move and build nothing anymore. A base was a sure sign that someone inhabited the area. I left to go closer to the cliff face, and found a small resting spot inside of a fallen tree. Damp and uncomfortable, yes, but I could close my eyes, and rest without worrying about someone getting inside without me knowing.
That was the last thing I thought, before I woke up to a blazing pain running across my collarbone. Someone had tried to decapitate me, but had aimed too low. My bones had been cut, but not broken. It hurt so much more than breaking my finger in high school. Adrenaline flowed through my veins, and I made a dash for it. Looking behind at the person I had pushed out of the way, I could have sworn it was the girl from earlier. I ran to the cliff face, and without a care in the world, took a leap of faith.
I caught the branch, and hugged it to my chest, ignoring the burning pain that seared across my collarbone, hurting more the longer I held on. The branch snapped. I fell down, but only had less than half the distance to fall. They couldn’t follow me directly without breaking their legs. I had escaped death. For now.
I kept running, until I heard what sounded like a cannon shot. I stopped, as I’m sure everyone else did. Slowly, I resume running, until I reach a fence. We were like animals, trapped in a cage. We were being televised. That was what we had came here for. The viewers most likely thought that this was all acted out carefully, each blow coordinated. Or they believed that it was real. Who knew, and who cared? I was dying, and I wanted to escape. I had never been good at climbing fences with shoes on, so I took them off. My bare toes scrabbled against the chain link fence with ease, and I was over it in a heartbeat. Looking around, though, I saw nothing but a desolate wasteland. Even if I got over the fence, there was no escape. What looked like miles away, I saw another fence, with guard posts around it. It stretched on forever. They likely wouldn’t let me escape. However, on this side of the fence, I was sure that I wasn’t being recorded.
I cried, quietly. I cried for what seemed to be hours, out of reach of the chain link fence. I would have to go back inside it, and fight for my survival. There was nothing out here that I could survive on. Bugs, maybe, but there was no water anywhere to be seen, except on the inside of the fence.
Instead of going directly back in, I decided to walk and follow the chain fence, to see if I could find the villa that I had seen earlier. It was impossible, the fence just seemed to stretch on and on for miles in both directions. Growing tired, I climbed the fence again, and started to head back towards where I left my shoes. If I was lucky, they’d still be there. Hours passed after I had hopped the fence, but I barely got anywhere. Fifty yards, maybe?
I collapsed. The ground hurt, but my legs wouldn’t carry me any more. I had run for too long. I passed out.
Luck was on my side that time though- I woke up, alive, with only my partially healed cut across my collarbone to prove for the experience I had.
Now, I was hungry. And thirsty

2 Likes

Am reserving this one too

1 Like

Also reserving this one

1 Like

Four’s good for now

1 Like