How To Recognize When Staff on Knockturn Networks is Violating Your Freedom of Speech

For those not american born here is a definition of freedom of speech:

In the United States, freedom of speech and expression is strongly protected from government restrictions by the First Amendment to the United States Constitution, many state constitutions, and state and federal laws.

How could a staff member infringe upon this?

They cannot. Americans are protected from givernment mandated imprisonment for what they say. They are not protected from defamation or libel laws.

Additionally, as a Canadian based privately owned minecraft server you have no rights at all to say anything on our servers, therefore breaking our rules and being muted or removing you infringes upon nothing.

I am making this post with a goal to stop the people who argue freedom of speech in global. The rights you have here are what is given to you as a user of our service.

Not to say we dont listen to y’all, we do, but lets stop bringing arguments that prove you know nothing about your countries laws into the mix. Thanks

Comic from xkcd found by noah nagle

36 Likes

This will be so helpfull in our day to day tysm :heart:

5 Likes

What you are saying that I can’t break the server rules and then blame you for not letting me speak my mind when you mute me? That’s just horrible

9 Likes

I remember a time when someone tried to use FoS to get away with blatant racism. :eyes:
Even though I’m not American this is still such a neccessity to explain to everyone and if even I, the most stubborn of the stubborn, can understand that. Surely everyone can

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.