I think this might be Goodbye for awhile... As well as an early 3 year post because I won't be here for it

It’s way too early to post this, but I don’t think I’ll be around when my anniversary rolls in, because life is being a nuisance right now. From Christmas till next year there’s a 99.99999% chance I won’t be online to talk to you guys and it makes me so sad, because the knock turn community has been by my side since I began sailing. When I needed a friend, I came and found you guys and no one hesitated to talk to me, and support me.

Even though I only revealed my true identity after the second year, I was very pleased at how well it was taken as when I told my old friends in the real world about it, they thought I was a creep and all of them abandoned me except one. Even then we’ve drifted apart slowly as we continue our lives.

Being alone was very hard for me the first year of our travels and I couldn’t have asked for anything better than Knockturn to help me along. I think had I not found this community in time, I’d be that lame me teenager that sulks in a corner all day. But now I’m the evil, playful trickster who can talk to almost anyone through the screen. (I’m still shy in the real world though)

For My 3rd Year Anniversary, when it comes;

Wow. I can’t believe it’s been a whole other year already. It’s amazing how time Nyooms so fast. Along the way I’ve met so many great players, watching them grow up with me, I’ve met and lost so many friends and every year, and each time I get hit by the feels train. As I write this, I realize how much time I’ve spent with the community and am getting hit by the ‘life realization’ train which brings aches to my heart.

I realize that my real life sailing adventures away from the screen are coming to an end, I realize more and more players are leaving for their own lives… and I realize I’m scared to start my own new land-life…

I’ve been alone with my family in the big ocean world for three whole years, I’ve had Knockturn to keep me going, and most of all, my online friends to keep me company. Now I may have never actually met any of you players in real life, but I know a select few of you will always have my back when I need it.

My land-life is just beginning, and an adventure in search of a new home has begun. My old sailing Nomadic life will never be forgotten and I hope to play online more in the future, after we sell the boat. Land-life will once again become luxury compared to limited water, power and internet. With that, maybe I’ll even apply for builder next year.

With the last 13 months of sailing, wifi will be even more scarce than that past year and a half and I won’t be online as much as I have been for the past weeks. I will try to chat on discord, but I fear without communication for these long periods of time, I will drift away from many of my close friends. So I ask that you don’t give up on me, I still love you nerds and am not abandoning you. My life is just interfering a bit.

Every greeting, every emoticon and every compliment is very special to me, wether realized or not, and I wish I’d had the guts to say it before now, but I was a coward. Before Knockturn I was an arrogant, stupid girl, that I could barely call a gamer. I never took anything seriously, I wasn’t brave, I didn’t listen to anyone, including those higher ranked than me. I consider my old self a monster, that haunts me to this day.

I forever owe Knockturn and its beloved community for everything that I’ve learned here and the way I’ve changed myself for the better. I thank all those smol beans behind the screens that have helped me grow into a confident person, and the smol nerd beans who convinced me to try some of the good video games, such as; League, Overwatch, WoW, Runescape and Town of Salem.

I thank the role-players on the forums for joining me, or letting me join them on epic writing adventures and even learning a few things along the way. I thank the discord chatters who talked to me and kept me awake till crazy hours of the morning, just out of sheer common interests. Most of all I thank all the staff for putting up with all my hundreds of newbie questions, my repetitive requests and my terrible applications to join the team.

My dear mentions; (If you’re not here, it’s probably because I’ve forgotten. Just ask if you think you should be here :3)

Bellatrix_Sinta: I wouldn’t have stayed on Knockturn for those first few months if it weren’t for that one day, you asked if we could be friends and play on towny.

Chara: I’ve enjoyed talking to you and most importantly had fun pun-ishing naughty newdles with you on knockturn’s discord and on several other chat servers.

Keyla and Sofia: I’ve been by your guys’ side since before you both earned your staff ranks, and I am proud to be your friend. I’ll always be here for you to talk to and for support.

Kiara: Thanks for supporting me and being my friend, I enjoy your company.

Huna and Oph: Though we don’t talk as much as we used to, I figure it’s because I feel very much outranked and smol, but I still consider you good friends of mine.

Gerry: I am not coot, crosses arms like stubborn toddler. It’s been fun tortur-- I mean talking to you. I hope ult notices you one day xD.

App: Good luck with life, I hope to keep in touch through discord at least a bit. I will never forget how I looked up to you as a newbie, and I will miss causing mischief and server chaos with you.

Jake: I won’t forget how you helped me change my name by adopting me on Hogs, it was a dream come true and I couldn’t have done it without you.

Liz and Smol: I will always be your commander <o/, and you two will always be my Lieutenant Liz and Sergeant Smol. I’ll always come to you for parties Liz, and I’ll always invite you, Smol to come crash the parties with me.

Jack: I’ll never forget ya Newdles, you were the first person to mention me in a ‘1 year on Knockturn’ post and I was surprised and happy, from then on, we just talked more and grew closer as friends. (I still remember the ‘ew’ truce, never broken it to this day)

Ties: I’d never be the Mordonia nerd I am now without you, and I thank you so much for the help you’ve given me on my quest to become a Nomad in-game. I’m so glad I achieved it, I’ve had so much fun playing with you.

Cassen: I am your friend Kaaz, dun worry. I’ve really enjoyed playing games with you here and on other servers, as well as talking to you in vc sometimes. It’s been fun messing around with you in Mordonia, thanks for being my friend, gurl.

Lily Mather: I only met you a little while ago, but we are lethal roasting machines when we work together. Keep an eye on Ties and Ult for me gurl, something tells me they’re gonna have a party when I leave. Something to do with ‘no more spoopy pocket demons or moose’

Ult: I have two words for you boi, Happy Nyooms. gives vases filled with rupees and a big box of McNuggets and spicy taytoes. I’ll never forget your humour or your Nyooms, thanks for teaching me the basics of digital art.

Siph: I’d have never thought in a thousand years that you were the same age as me, not to mention our birthdays 1 day apart… I remember you as a mod, I’d talked to you a few times. Only until recently did I find out we have very similar, common levels of interest in animals, especially sea creatures. I’ll never forget that one day we exploded Discord Mord chat with the coolest sea slugs, whale sharks and sunfish photos.

Gracen: I wouldn’t know a sliver of knowledge on Mordonia if it wasn’t for you. I am grateful that you helped me, never forget ya.

Kendra: Thanks for lecturing me on the knowledge on Hogwarts, and for teaching me how to play quidditch, I really had fun playing beater for the first time with you.

Kaneki: I’ve had fun drinking away my soul with you online, and writing role-plays with you on the forums, thanks for giving me a space to live in the second apartment, really had fun decorating it. Have fun being a priest on Mord xD

Fance: There wouldn’t be a Mordonia without you. I probably wouldn’t have met half the friends I have now without it.

Pande: None of us would ever be here without you, I forever am in dept, as Knockturn and it’s gathered community has changed my life.

I hope that when I come back, that the community will still remain strong and I will still have an online fam to come back to. Thanks guys, I’ll miss you while I’m gone. Luv you Nerds, never stop being awesome. My last day to say goodbye will be January 1st, then I might only get on discord a little bit each month. Goodbye o/

~ Kristen

Who am I? I'm this nerd....

16 PM

14 Likes

Nooooo!
You can’t leave!
You bring to much love and joy to the server I can’t imagine it without you!
Anyway I hope to see you again and best wishes for real life!
All will miss you sooooooo much!

For real doe

You brought lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of joy to Kncokturn. I am sad to see you leave even though you were such a amazing, kind and loving person. YOU WILL BE MISSED

4 Likes

You won’t leave forever, right?

I mean, I’ve only known you for about a week or so, but I already consider you an awesome internet friend. You’re really funny, and even though I’ve been stressing over the net neutrality situation for weeks, the times I’ve talked with you has taken my mind off it for a while at least.

So even though you’ll not always be able to be online, don’t forget us, yeah? We won’t forget you, promise!

Also you’re really pretty kthxbye.

4 Likes

Aww Kristen, I enjoy your company too, and I’ll miss you :heart:

2 Likes

Life (voice of dobby): ‘Crystal must promise not to return to Knockturn school of witchcraft, (bagged milk) and wizardry this year!’ Me (voice of Harry potter ofc): ‘I can’t! Knockturn’s my home!’ and then he snaps his fingers and all of a sudden I’m in the middle of the Pacific ocean without my trusty wifi.

But yes, I will come back, I could never leave this place, I’ve got so many friends here if I really had to leave forever I would probably be crying rn. and Net Neutrality is just a bunch of bs, I hope it doesn’t come into action because I know I’m not the only one who has an internet fam on knockturn.

My goodness these compliments are so nice, you’d almost think I was an angel… nope, demon till the end. Thank you so much, means a lot to me.

ty xD

4 Likes

oh… this melted my heart kristen ;-; i’ll always remember you :c dork <3

anyway I WILL MAKE SURE THAT PEOPLE WILL BE EVEN MORE PUNCOMFORTABLE WHEN YOU’RE GONE ;-;

1 Like

Nuuu! Who will bring absolute joy and overall amazingness to the forum Roleplays? Plz Dun leave usssssss!!!

3 Likes

R.I.P crystal
Jk miss ya

1 Like

KWISTENNNN NOOOoooOoooOoo- who will I send moose pics to Ties with now ;~;~;~;~;~;~; I will miss you frennn.BUt best of luck to ya with irl shizzles. cries

dw i’ll keep em under control with the moose and worms

3 Likes

Krriiiiiiisstteeennn I’ll miss ya everyday when you leave and I’ll always remember you no matter how far you are away and without internet :heart:

1 Like

Idrk you well but… when you got Y2 (I think) and you got sooo drunk xD. Have fun sailing, and hopefully you can get online more

2 Likes

NOOOOOOO! :sob: KRIIIISTEN! DONT LEV ME!!!

I’ll miss you so much. I wish you the best of luck and happiness while you’re gone. You’re such a great person and you were always such a great friend.

2 Likes

Indeed that was one of the best days on hogwarts I ever had.

2 Likes

I … I GOT THE MOST WORDS IN MY SPECIAL MENTION BOOO YAAAH

cough

Anyway, to the serious bits (just click this here spoiler)

Serious Stuff

How did that get there?

What is happening?

Anyway...

Now i got word of this before, which did sadden me incredibly though i tried to stay resolute.

I just want to try and consolidate my feelings into a suitable amount of words.

You are one of the best friends I could have ever wished for

What else can I say? We love the same things. Sea creatures galore have always fascinated me as a child but I have never really met anyway who shared the same interest; the same passion. As you have mentioned, we completely spammed out mordonia general with pictures. It has been amazing just to find someone who likes the same things I do, but it goes farther than that.

You have a bright and brilliant personality. I cannot tell you how many times I have smiled, or the number of times I broke out into a fit of laughter because of something you said, or something you showed me. I can’t lie; I have needed a reason to smile a lot more recently, and you provided that.

You are incredibly humble. You take into consideration the thoughts of others without ever considering whether you’d benefit from it. When you had that amazing idea, you immediately said you didn’t want to bother me or waste staff time. Trust me when I say you have never wasted staff time.

I could go on and on about your good qualities, about how good of a friend they make you but i can distinctly hear my mum calling :worried:

I have a request, one I want you to take into your new land-life. Believe in yourself. You are an amazing person, but all that matters is that you believe that yourself. You do that, and you make all of us proud.

Oh and of course! We will always be here for you, even when 13 months has passed. Keep strong until then and - when you can - we will welcome you back with open arms.

7 Likes

Thanks bro, means a lot to me <3

2 Likes

I’ll definitely miss you Kristen, I enjoyed your company and all the times we spent together. If you do come back hopefully we can crash more parties lizie hosts :stuck_out_tongue: :slight_smile: :heart:

1 Like

Kristen, we will all miss you. I never really knew you as a friend but I know that you were always a bright, happy person when I saw you, and I hope that nothing will change that. We are all here to support you on your journey, even if we cannot speak to you, just know we will never forget you <3

2 Likes