Is it Destiny?

Before you ask, no. This is not a roleplay about the game “Destiny”.

Here’s what it actually is: Once a year, two groups of people create teams for one shared goal. To become the most powerful. While not everyone’s goal is this greedy, the idea remains the same. These teams consist of two people, one from each faction (which the faction nominates) to compete against nine other teams for ultimate victory. The winners not only get their names written in history, but they are awarded one wish of their choice. This wish can be anything that the victors see fit. Fame, fortune, love, power, you name it. The royal family will grant it.

What are the two factions?: Simple. One is the Mages of Magnus or the Warriors of Wargaid. The Mages of Magnus study magic to the highest level. Their families have mastered spells, charms, and curses of all variations. Their blood has more magic running through veins then anyone should reasonably have. The Warriors of Wargaid are among the strongest in history. They have far surpassed any normal human and continue to train. They could be masters of stealth, swordplay, spears, or even bows. Never underestimate their power, as some of them even have enough magic to add it to their arsenal in one powerful attack.

Spells/Charms/Curses: Just to define these real quick, Spells are magic that uses elements to attack. (fire, water, wind, etc) Charms are magic that changes something that already exists properties. (Making something stronger, seeing through objects, etc) And curses are like debuffs. (Making someone slower, weaker, blind, etc) The stronger the magic you use, the more mana it will take, and the longer it will take to charge. For example, in order to charge a curse that knocks an enemy, you must wait for 3 posts to cast. However, that does not mean while it is charging that everyone will notice. Mages, however will notice some changes in mana if they are close by. I will try to referee this as best as possible, but I can only do so much.

How does this tournament work?: Simple. Kill every other team and be the last ones standing. Only the strong survive this tournament. However, if you feel you are going to die, you may surrender. If you chose to do so, don’t plan on being famous for giving up. The tournament starts when all ten teams of mages and warriors make a “deal”. This deal creates a magical contract. This binds a mage’s magical connection to the warrior. While the warrior might not be able to use the extra magic to cast spells, they have mastered something else. They can use the excess mana to increase their physical capabilities to superhuman.

If you have any other questions about how this works, feel free to ask me when you message me about your character. I realize this rp is rough around the edges, so I’ll try to help out with extra information.
Here’s how to join: (send to me in a message first)
RP name:
Mage or Warrior?:
Best Skill: (Spell/Charm/Curse or A weapon)
General description: (Leave out the backstory. That is to find out in roleplay)
Partner: (Can add this after posted)

Here’s my character!:
RP name: Lance Strafe
Mage or Warrior?: Warrior
Best Skill: Spear fighting / Hand to hand
General description: Lance has jet black hair and emerald green eyes. He is 6’ 3" and is fairly muscular. He tends to act first and ask questions later and doesn’t express his thoughts freely. He will often execute his plan before his teammate can breathe. He is very blunt and easy to aggravate. Although not the ideal stratigest he isn’t dumb either. If he feels like listening to a plan he will understand it. Lance also tends to like to get into people’s head. Even when he knows he’s won and he likes to destroy people emotionally before killing them.
Partner: Karis Nightsbane

(Please join @Geentiger829 @AnaCloud @Kaneki @Sofia @Goose @MightyThor1198 @Pengauno @Celebi @Crystal_Silver :sob: )

5 Likes

RP name: Lucian George
Mage or Warrior: Warrior
Best skill: Bow (Ranged) /Long Distance fighting
Description: Lucian has short dark brown hair and is average height and weight. He is very weak and his arms are extremely skinny. His ideal clothes are normally quite baggy and he has dark blue eyes. He is quite kind and prefers the easy way out of things. However, he sometimes shows the odd sign of courage and bravery when surround by people he loves. He seems to always have bad luck in fights and when trying to make friends or allies. He is also not the smartest of people.
Parter: To be determined

2 Likes

RP name: lucy felsteel
Mage or Warrior: warrior
Best Skill: (Spell/Charm/Curse or A weapon) agility, bow and arrow.
General description: long white hair. Fire orange eyes. she wears a black cloak as well as her sliver armor. She’s kind and sweet and a major strategist. She usally has to have a plan to go into battle. Will often work with others rather than going it alone.
Partner: jojo

2 Likes

RP name: Leon Ronos

Mage or Warrior?: Warrior

Best Skill: Sword skills, surprise attacks.

General description: Standing at 6’1, he has short silver hair and strangely red eyes. Pale. He is slightly muscular, but very quick and agile. He usually wears a blood red turtle neck and black pants, covered by a black cloak that cvers him whole, acting like a sort of cape often. He easily blends with the shadows, which enables him to surprise someone from behind. Carrying a huge 6 foot sword shaped like a butchers knife, he easily wields it around as if it was a toy.

He is sly and blunt, sarcastic, and pretty much emotionless. He is calculative and always knows what he’s doing (at least he thinks he does often). He is sometimes insane and power hungry, but usually keeps collected and serious.

Partner: Ivy Carte

2 Likes

I feel like this is Fate the anime)

1 Like

(Pffffft waaaaaaa nooooo this is totally not me just making a very close copy of Fate to have an excuse to make people join a roleplay about it even tho they’ve never seen the anime… I mean.

In all seriousness though, that was the original idea behind it. But I feel like I made enough changes for it to be its own rp.)

1 Like

(Is it ok if I’m really weak, so I have to rely more on surviving then fighting)

1 Like

(That’s fine, just keep in mind that the aim of the game is to be the last one standing. If it comes down to you and another person, you’ll probably have to kill them.)

1 Like

(My plan is to get stronger and hopefully survive)

1 Like

(Also I kind of noticed ot had some similarities with Fate lmao but I didn’t say, though I do agree it has details that separate it from each other)

1 Like

(Reads everyone else’s things, knows he’s going to die a slow painful death)

1 Like

RP name: Karis Nightsbane
Mage or Warrior?:Mage
Best Skill: (Spell/Charm/Curse or A weapon): Spells
General description: Karis is tall, thin, and pale. He has ocean-blue eyes that are commonly covered by long, green hair(However, these may change depending on the element of magic he is using. He commonly wears a long, white cloak lined with silver over a simple long-sleeved, white shirt, sleek black pants, and black boots. Karis moves lightly and quietly. He is usually in his head, being as attentive as possible to his surroundings and thinking of what actions to take in multiple scenarios. He is commonly patient, but a bit introverted and not one to socialize. He fights best when paired with someone he doesn’t have to explain things to, usually staying silent on the battlefield as they each understand each other’s style of battle so that they don’t alert the enemies of plans or strategies.
Partner: Lance Strafe

2 Likes

(I’ll be on ya team :3)

1 Like

(Oki doki, am cool with that)

1 Like

(Ollie snacking the first one )

1 Like

(It’s okay, there will be more joining :3)

1 Like

(Please don’t kill me :pray:, I’ll be useful one day)

1 Like

RP name: Alan Zorro
Mage or Warrior: Warrior
Best Skill: Bows and knifes/daggers
General Descripsion: Long brown hair a medium sized beard pirceing blue eyes 5’11 168 pounds. Works well as a team very strategic very persuasive helpful loyal will never back stab a teammate. where’s a dark green cloak Over his light armor. Pretty fast and agile not very strong good at problem solving very good at hiding likes to joke around but is dead serious during a fight.
Partner: to be determined

1 Like

(I love all these people joining, but Imma have to ask that the next people to join be mages. Right now we have only one mage to the five warriors. Make some teams people!)

1 Like

(No clue what this is but I can’t XD)

1 Like