I've returned! - Alice Cunningham [3 years]

Hello!

If you don't know me I'd like to formally introduce myself. My name is Alice, I go by my in-game name outside of the server as well (especially on the forums) unless you know me closely! Otherwise I'm occasionally called Liv (my username is Qlivia; representative of my middle name being Olivia.)

I've been gone for around three years.

I'm a former moderator for those of you that don't know. I joined this server when I was 12 years old, I'm currently 17. (Which was daunting as the majority of staff at the time were 18+ from what I can remember.) But I wouldn't have it any other way. The skills I gained as far as communication, teamwork, professionalism, and work ethic go, have carried me throughout schooling and even applied to my current day job. (I work as a Barista ^.^) My reason for leaving was very simple: I was having family issues, school issues, and overall needing to focus on getting myself in a better place. My parents were undergoing a divorce which proved to be very strenuous, and due to the chaos I was facing at home, my attendance and grades had begun to slip. I stopped playing videogames as frequently all together amidst 2016-2017 and focused on school, rebuilding friendships, and trying to engage in the sports I'd left behind (due to my family issues.) Thankfully, I managed to improve my GPA immensely, begin taking AP courses, and truly start setting myself up for the future.

Have I fully returned now?

That's the plan! Due to having online classes, I now have enough time and attention to get back to enjoying Knockturn, League, and lots of other games and platform that I left behind. It seems now I can have a healthy relationship with gaming and roleplaying and avoid using it as an "escape" in an effort to cope with stress. Hopefully, I can begin to reconnect with the community I loved so dearly and catch up with old friends like Katna, Michael, Shadow, and many more <3 And even better, forge some new friendships. I wanted to note that Bobby, Blaire, Ava, and Soulless have all been very welcoming and I really appreciate it. Coming back to an almost entirely new community can be intimidating, and they definitely gave me the encouragement I needed to branch out again ^.^

All in all, I appreciate being able to come back to this magical c; community and can't wait to get to mastering spells, excelling in classes, and making friends with about every face I meet again.

P.S. Thank you to the staff and students, whether new or old, that have kept this server alive! You deserve all the best.
Sincerely, Alice.
11 Likes

Glad to have you back :tada: now we just need Ryan and then we can int in League again

2 Likes

For sure!

Glad to have you back in the community, Alice!

1 Like

Welcome back! :smile:

1 Like

Thank you!!

Ty! I’m glad to be back too :heart:

Welcome back, Alice!

1 Like

I’ve missed seeing you around! Welcome Back! :3

1 Like

Welcome back lol we need more of the oldie users back

2 Likes

Thank you! <3

1 Like

I know! I’m glad some of you guys stuck around. It’s nice to see familiar faces (or names, I suppose) upon coming back. And ty c:

Awe thanks! When I saw you online the other day ngl it made my heart swell a little bit thinking of the older community and all those fun memories. I’m glad you were still around!

pretty sure I have you on snap still chica

1 Like

Oh shoot you’re h a n n a h? Like our hannah, if that makes sense. I didn’t realize. How are you??

1 Like

lmao no worries. I’m good, how about you? see you’ve been very active activism wise, love that QUEEN

1 Like

I’m great :relaxed: and yes I have been very active :fist: as often as I can, at least. hehe I still see you on snapchat from time to time as well. i’m very surprised that you’re still here! (in a good way) did you take a break at one point too?

1 Like

yeah, I did. :slight_smile: Corona brought me back haha!

Same! Lol

1 Like