Joely2017 - Joely Obrien - Advertising

NO APPEAL WILL BE ACCEPTED IF THE TITLE ISN’T AS FOLLOWS:
IGN - HP RP NAME - REASON FOR BAN

Sorry for sending this appeal again - I needed to edit it and couldn’t find an edit button so sorry about that xD

ie: iarepandemonium - Pandetta Bell - Trolling

Minecraft Username: Joely2017

Hogwarts Roleplay Name: Joely Obrien

Discord (if applicable) Joely #4342

Reason for Ban: I wanted to open my own realm or server (nothing to do with knockturnmc) and invite my online friends, which, yeah, I met most of them in knockturn. Anyway - I accidentally invited Smile and got banned from knockturn for advertising.

Why should we let you back in?

Because I invited Smile by accident and it doesn’t make much sense that nobody in knockturn is allowed to make a server and invite their friends. Also I wasn’t advertising in the server or in the server’s discord, I was sending direct messages to friends who might want to join. I think maybe I accidentally did something wrong or maybe its just because I invited smile by accident, anyway somehow danichef was there too though I didn’t invite him. I’m sorry if I accidently did something I didn’t realise I was doing, but since I wasn’t advertising in the server and since I was definitely not meaning to spam people in mine or whatever was the reason for banning people who advertise, so I think you should let me back into the server

Did you read our rules? (You will be asked to prove you did before being unbanned)

Yes, I read the basic rules. Is that enough? Or do I need to read the complicated ones?

Have you been banned and unbanned before this? Nope.

We already saw your first one, please wait for an owner to answer it. :slightly_smiling_face: (Apparently they want to keep this one at last)

1 Like

Here you mention Smile, but for a fact I know you invited a couple Lore Members too that didn’t quite know you either, so the fact that “it was a mistake and I just invited Smile” is eehhh.

We know not everybody has bad intentions when creating a server, however, we’ve already had issues in the past with them. But here is the official reasoning which I also posted on your server:

WHY YOU CANNOT HAVE A DISCORD / ADVERTISE FOR ONE -- A summary
Also: If any random person could invite someone to a discord, then knockturn no longer is in control of fates and yet its still linked to our server since people are advertising
And its 'approved' and in addition, whats to stop someone giving a discord out and then just spamming their own mc server ?
Nothing.
Thats why we don't permit it
and anyone doing it is banned
It's important to remember that when you leave our site/discord/server anyone can do anything and if it's not moderated by us, that includes redirecting kids to places where they can take ip's and DDOS
this isn't to say everyone is like that
But it only takes one person to be that way to ruin it.
And at least two-three people have already done that
One of which even has a ban appeal out right now
He linked a bunch of kids to an off site that he owned, took their ips, and then told them the general area they live.
3 Likes