Joely2017 - Joely Obrien - Advertising

NO APPEAL WILL BE ACCEPTED IF THE TITLE ISN’T AS FOLLOWS:
IGN - HP RP NAME - REASON FOR BAN

ie: iarepandemonium - Pandetta Bell - Trolling

Minecraft Username: Joely2017

Hogwarts Roleplay Name: Joely Obrien

Discord (if applicable) Joely #4342

Reason for Ban: Advertising (in DMs in discord)

Why should we let you back in?

I edited this after what pandette answered, seeing that it wasn’t good, I failed in expressing what I wanted to say correctly and it sounded like I was throwing the blame on the staff. Sorry about that, I hope this version will better express what I really want to say. And again after reading the long version of the rules.

Before you read this, I want you to do something. Stop thinking with your brain, and start thinking with your heart. :heart:

Now that you’ve done that, I feel that I can explain why I feel that having me back is something you could consider doing in a way that you could now maybe understand better.

I’m not arguing with you, I am not against you here, I’m just a kid who really, really loves your work. And most of all loves a community.

Unfortunately, I’ve done wrong. I now take responsibility for my actions. You were right, Pande, I should have read the rules, that’s on me. I should have known better.

I feel that I learnt from my mistakes, I may still be a rebel (that’s just my nature) but thanks to you I am now a disciplined rebel. I know how to obey rules, how not to argue, to take responsibility. I fully understand why advertising is forbidden now, and I won’t repeat it, or any other thing that’s against the rules. I’m sorry for my mistakes.

I haven’t caused the server any harm, after all. I’ve made a human’s mistake and now I’m torn apart from a group of people who I love and can’t bear not being part of.

I believe that If you’ve read all this with your heart, you could understand that maybe a second chance is something I don’t deserve (let’s not exadurate) but it’s something that maybe won’t be too bad to give me. Even if you decide I don’t deserve to return because, yeah, I’m not innocent :slightly_frowning_face: , remember that I still love you all and I’ll miss you.
Joely. :heart:

Did you read our rules? (You will be asked to prove you did before being unbanned)

So I edited this post a little (again, sorry about that.) Because I thought Man, you want these people to put you back on their server, and you only read the simple rules? That’s not being serious about this. So I went and read the long version and I’m so happy that I did. If I wouldn’t have, I might have just walked back into the server after being unbanned and just stupidly break another rule again. So I read the in-depth-rules seriously and all I could think now is few, lucky I read that.

PS. As I said, I accept that you had good reason to ban me and I’m not trying to oppose you or say your reasons for banning me were false. Even if what I’m going to say now is correct, I should still be banned for not reading the rules. But I just wanted to clarify about this: The rules clearly state that advertising in chat on Knockturn or advertising Knockturn in another server’s chat is very offensive and bannable. However, it doesn’t say anything about DMing individuals on discord. I don’t know if it’s right, but could I be innocent? Also someone who read the rules could’ve made my mistake. Just checking :slightly_smiling_face: I know you had your reasons and that your reasons were good.

Have you been banned and unbanned before this? Nope

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 60 minutes. New replies are no longer allowed.

By joining a server, you enter a social contract to abide by our rules. As much as I am about second chances, we don’t give second chances who think passing the buck, shucking the blame, or avoiding the truth are okay.

You didn’t read the rules. That’s on you.
You did something against the rules. That’s on you.
You came here to tell us you feel you should be unbanned, but still make it seem like its on us for banning you or not unbanning you in the first place.

The difference is, in school you are given a lot of leniency, as you are when you’re under 18.

If you’re under 18 and you start a fight with someone else, school, parents, police, all say “ah well… they are kids, they should know better, but sometimes that happens.”

Over 18, if you start a fight, even if it’s your first fight ever, you are arrested for aggravated assault.

Now, while the minecraft server isn’t a perfect representation of the real world, we still need to adhere to certain standards, especially considering our population ranges from children to adults.

So, while I understand in school you can break rules and get a slap on the wrist, I am here to tell you, its not going to be long, since k-12 is not a very long process, before thats not the case.

So here is some tough love, you need to deal with the consequences of choosing not to ‘read the terms of service’ which everyone hits accept and then complains later they didn’t know the terms.

Pandette

2 Likes

This appeal has been denied. Please try again in two weeks.