We’ve reached our long awaited update! And there were quite a few changes! This post is to highlight some of the changes promised in this pre-release post: Update On September 4th - September 5th- Release Notes
First major change is ofc, we are now on 1.13.2. So if folks ask what version we’re on, make sure to refer to this!
Next is, New fashion items in donate shop!
And a gender neutral gender was added, wix!
Also, in case it was missed in the update excitement, the chamber of secrets can now be opened. But you need to figure out the password by locating many signs around the server and piecing together the password! Good luck!
There is a new texture pack, you can dl on textures.knockturnmc.com with the 2019 September version. Or use the command /texture update.
Many doors now open and close depending on users’ proximity to it!
Grand Staircase aka GST
The Grand staircase has been moved closer to the entrance hall to encourage more use of it. To use, stand on the platform edge and look up/down to next platform to summon the stairs. You may be able to access other platforms by using attached hallways.
All things Classes!
- 15 minutes before class starts, green particles will appear on the seats of your classroom. You must arrive in the room and right click on the green particles to claim a seat.
- The particles will ONLY appear 15 minutes before class starts.
- Upper years may attend lower year classes, but they must arrive in the classroom before the seating period ends. Once Seating ends, class begins and you cannot enter and get class content anymore.
Right now, classes are held in 1 classroom per subject.
- Magical Theory - mt over suspension bridge
- DADA - dada on 3rd floor
- Potions - large potions
- Flying - (by the rings, may not be set up)
- Astronomy - astro room on top of tower
- History of Magic - hom near scamander corridor aka in the quad
- Herbology - greenhouse 3
- Transfiguration - large transfig classroom
- Charms - large charms in peverell hall
- Care of Magical Creatures - comc Near flying
- Arithmancy - at the end of poltergeist hall
- Ancient Runes - ar near the library
- Muggle Studies - ms in the quad
- Divination -top of div tower
- If you die, need to leave mc, or the classroom in general, class will now pause where it’s at for you. If you leave and the class period ends, your class will continue where you left off next time.
- Class will pause when it reaches a point where you need to do something (answer question, cast spell, do potion step). If a few minutes minutes pass with no reaction from you, it will repeat what it wants you to do.
- You can enter classrooms l late even if a class above your year is going on. You will not be able to talk to class participants or cast spells, just walk through and around. If you need someone’s attention, you can use RP chat (,).
- Everyone starts at Lesson 1 for every subject. And it will always go in chronological order. So you may be seeing a different lecture than other users in your class, despite all being in the room together.
- potion classes will now give you ingredients for 2 attempts at a potion.
- When class starts for a brewing lesson, you’ll be asked to collect ingredients. There will be cabinets around the room and you may need to search every cabinet to find a specific ingredient.
- Every 2 minutes, the list will be given again but will remove ingredients you have already collected.
- Once you collect ALL the ingredients, they will appear in the chest next to your seat. You will not be able to access other user’s brewing supplies.
- If you leave class and come back another day, you will need to bring the ingredients on your own because you can only collect the ingredients for a potions class once.
- If class hits the 45m mark, all classes will auto end for the next class. If you didn’t finish your class on time, it will continue next time you attend the subject.
- classes should now all definitely be under an hour and usually around 30m at most. But this assumes you are actively interacting when prompted to answer a question or do a task.
- to turn in hw, hold it and do /turnin [subject] [LessonNumber]. You can see your lesson number by typing /profile, clicking report card, clicking your current year and the subject, then the lesson number. Then run /homework [suject] [lessonNumber]
- Special subject notes -
- D.A.D.A is dada, Magical Theory is magical_theory, HoM is History_of_Magic, transfig is Transfiguration, ancient runes is Ancient_Runes, C.o.M.C is comc, muggle studies is Muggle_studies
How to Year Up
- Year 1-4 - to yr up, you need 100% general exp from being on the server and doing stuff, house points, and you need to take an exam for each subject. You will have a few attempts to do this
- 5th year students - You need to take your OWLs. You’ll have a few attempts for every subject. When you’re satisfied with your scores, you can click the year up sign. Classes you did not get an OWL in, you will not be able to attend as a 6/7 Year. If you decide not to year up, you can immediately graduate after attending all the classes, earning enough general exp and house points.
Elective Selection for 3-5 Year Students
- When you reach 3Y, you get to choose which electives you want to take.
- You must pick at least 2 but there is no maximum limit. (No we do not give you a time Turner either :p).
- The default when you are 3Y is that you are attending them all.
- To remove an elective run /elective and click the ones you don’t want. Just remember you will not be able to disable all the electives, just 3 of them.
Year 6 and year 7 users may graduate at 100% exp if they have enough house points or choose to return to year 5 with the command /year-down-fifth
To see your profile in the original ways, do /profile text
- /profile, now pulls up a pop up window and you can click to see your reportcard! It’ll not only tell you how many lessons you’ve attended and your grade, but also say if you’ve submitted homework for that class!
- Additionally, /homework [subject] [lesson number], now tells you the homework assignment!
- Hovering over the book under report card will also tell you if you took the exam for the class or not!
Huge huge HUGE thank you to the awesome KTN staff team that contributed in testing, formatting, coding, writing, keeping people sane, and everything in between!