Malia McGonagall- FROM: Gryffindor TO: Slytherin

Rules For Applying:

• Title-> Firstname Lastname - FROM: house TO: house
  • Year 3+. Don’t bother applying under year 3. It’s auto-denied no matter what you say.
  • All house changes are final. You can never make another house change again, so be sure you want it.

IGN: Loulour
RP NAME: Malia McGonagall
**YEAR:**3
ORIGINAL HOUSE: Gryffindor
NEW HOUSE: Slytherin
REASON: (Must be at least 3 paragraphs. Must really summarize why you aren’t the other house and why you are the new house. Remember ALL FOUR HOUSE HEADS have to agree to you to move.)

A lot of the stuff here may seem to not apply much to the server, I think I am pretty different online than offline and have changed an insane amount since last time I was active here, I also really don’t feel comfortable citing a lot of experiences I’ve had where I’ve shown these traits like a lot of other people do since Its a bit private/its uncomfortable, so i hope this is enough

Slytherins are very ambitious and goal oriented
I have always been very goal-oriented and since I can remember and I’ve had this idea for my future that I would do anything for, failure in this isn’t really an option for me. this doesn’t really show much on the server since nowadays I don’t care too much for putting a lot of time into getting skilled at a video game and would rather use that time to contribute to my goals since that’s gonna take a lot of work that in my opinion would be better contributed to accomplishing that quicker. I demonstrate ambition and persistence in other aspects of my life as well, for example, group projects in school, I usually get really into them especially if its more competitive, i get very competitive. In these sorts of projects despite that I prefer to keep to myself normally I absolutely love being a leader once I can get comfortable enough with the people around me. 1- I dislike to take orders and don’t really trust other peoples direction 2 a lot of the people I get paired with in projects don’t really care much about it, and while that would be fine on their own if it affects me too I want everything to be the best it can be, luckily I’ve been paired with other tryhards too which turned out amazing

cunning
I don’t like to deceive people unless I think its necessary but I do have a " certain disregard for the rules" if I’m being honest, I have a tendency to lets say “bend” them as I see fit for whatever reason and if I get into trouble for this I’m not bad at talking my way out of things and if I need to I can use deceit or evasion to not be punished or as much as I would be. I honestly don’t see cunning as a completely bad thing, though it has a lot of negative connotations You can use it for both good and bad, and sometimes deception is necessary, especially if it can protect my safety, my privacy, or if I simply want to get out of a bad situation.
self preservation

“We Slytherins are brave, yes, but not stupid. For instance, given the choice, we will always choose to save our own necks.”

I relate a lot to the self-preservation part of Slytherin I feel you should always put your own safety over others(( in most situations)), I feel like a lot of people may see it as cowardly but if I feel threatened in a physical or emotional way my first priority is myself even though I do care about the safety of others it just seems much more reasonable to me to not put myself in danger for the sake of someone else, but if I feel it is necessary I can and will risk some things for the sake of someone I care deeply for. I actually think this goes against a lot of what Gryffindor is known for as they tend to be very selfless and brave, a Gryffindor would be most inclined to put themselves in danger for the sake of another, I’m just not the heroic type.
fraternity
Despite me wanting to preserve my safety ill put myself at (not an extreme but still) risk if my friends are being threatened and will defend them until the end, I am very loyal if you are one of the rare people i am willing to get close enough to trust, this leads me to the fraternity part of Slytherin, i have few friends, but its more because i find shallow relationships to be a big waste of my time, so I don’t consider someone really a friend until that bond goes deeper than that, and they can earn my loyalty. id much rather have 3-5 people i can have a mutual trust in rather than many people I feel like I can’t really be myself around. all these more meaningful friendships have started from a shared interest or goal, I just start off feeling I have a deeper connection with someone if we already have some common ground between us. it actually kind of annoys me for Slytherins to be perceived as less trustworthy than other houses, a lot of other Slytherins are the same as me in we are very loyal but that loyalty is very hard to earn but it very much worth it

why I’m not in Gryffindor
I really don’t feel like I fit in much in Gryffindor, I am not particularly brave and I don’t value it all that much, there are way more important things than being the most courageous in my opinion, I don’t feel bravery will really benefit me much. they also tend to be quite impulsive which is the opposite of me since I carefully think through all my decisions and hesitate to act in stressful situations so i can stop to think about what would be best. I’ve never been very daring or brave, I’m really not willing to take a lot of risks in most situations, I’m not a coward I just don’t put myself in potentially dangerous situations for the thrill of it. If I have to make a risky decision I carefully think about how I can change the situation for the lowest risk to myself, I’ll always find a way I don’t have to take a big risk
(i didnt write a whole lot here but it’s much easier to write about what you are rather than what you arent)

overall Slytherin is the only house I feel I belong in, I don’t care much for academics or intelligence, im not brave, and I lack patience as well as many other Hufflepuff traits

I actually did identify more as Gryffindor until a little while ago. as you grow and mature as a person your values and personality traits change a lot and after taking another quiz again somewhat recently and getting Slytherin I began to learn more about the house and learn I can identify much more with its traits than Gryffindor

1 Like

This application has been accepted, and apologies for the delay. Welcome to your new house!

Please be patient and wait for the transition of switching houses to take place. Your in-game profile and house must be updated and your discord tags will change accordingly.

This will happen shortly! :slight_smile:

You must be online in-game at the same time as a co-owner in order for this transition to happen.