If your suggestion is plugin related on an existing plugin, please put the issue in on the plugin in gitlab.
Follow this check list BEFORE suggesting something:
- Is it a canon spell ? -> Do not suggest.
- Is it about a feature in a minecraft version we a not on yet? -> Do not suggest.
- Did you do research to see if it was even possible? -> If no, do not suggest.
- Is it something from the movies that you think would be cool that would take A LONG TIME TO CODE (ie: newt’s suitcase, moving stairs, jobs after graduation) -> Do not suggest, most likely we are already planning it and you’re just wasting time.
- Is it something like the forbidden spells, horcruxes, flying apparation, or animagus, that you think the server needs and doesn’t have -> If its in the movies in a large part, its not a suggestion, you just want it to happen. Suggestions are NEW ideas.
I’ve noticed that I can do very little for homework, especially with Arithmancy, and get alot more house points than a y1 would for actually trying with their homework. I think the maximum amount of points for a homework assignment should be based on it’s marked page limit/amount of work, rather than the student’s year. Higher years still generally have to do more for homework than lower years do, but a few homework assignments might require the same amount of work as a lower year’s assignment, so in that case they should receive the same amount of points for the same quality and effort, but they do not.
Why it will be good:
This suggestion is a good idea because it bases how many points a student can recieve on the amount of work they do rather than their year, making grading more fair because it is based on how much effort you put into homework.
How it will work in code/other functions
It does not to be coded but rather put into place for professors to follow as a guide for grading assignments.
Who do you imagine has time to implement this feature
Professors and whoever writes the guidelines for them could implement it.