Mina Hobday - FROM: Ravenclaw TO: Slytherin

IGN: asongoftaeandkoo

RP NAME: Mina Hobday

YEAR: 3

ORIGINAL HOUSE: Ravenclaw

NEW HOUSE: Slytherin

REASON:
First of all, I’d like to mention what some of you might know, which is that this is an alt account, so when you read this, you should know that this isn’t just some “Mina” speaking, but the person behind said account, Cris [Ctr56] Malfoy. Also, this account was created with the intention of not only being able to experience the new class system but to purposefully be a Ravenclaw (with answering in a certain way on the quiz), on one hand to have a little go at being a Raven and on the other hand to “spy” (which is really more of a joke since many people know it is actually me). The latter was more in the beginning and after a little inactivity I came back to /actually/ try out the new system and to have some fun rediscovering things I’d learnt long ago. The reason I want to change house is because I am still a Slytherin, just hiding in the shape of a bird, and would like to be able to earn points for my house as well as being proud of things I accomplish along with some of the people I’m already closer to in said house, and don’t feel like I have any reason to still be in the house I am as my motives have changed.

Talking a little about the “Ravenclaw on purpose” bit, and also personalities (specifically MBTI), if you notice, both my accounts have the same in-game MBTI type, INTJ. I’m not sure how it works, but since this is a Ravenclaw-typical type it makes sense, as, when I was younger (and first joined Knockturn) I thought I was a Ravenclaw (“Malfoy” probably made it more likely to be sorted into Slytherin and that’s where I “discovered myself” and what my actual house was) and the second time I was answering that way on purpose. My irl type (that I consider to be my MBTI type) is actually INFJ. This is usually not considered a “Slytherin type” (with basic googling, at least) but all types can have tendencies belonging to other houses which, in this particular case, are some of the “less healthy” ones for INFJs such as the commonly called “door slam”, having a hard time opening up to people, as well as some more “regular” ones like being more independent and taking leadership roles.

Now I’d like to talk more generally about why I don’t think I’m a Ravenclaw, at least not a “typical”/stereotypical one, but a Slytherin. For starters, even though I consider myself smart, I was never very good at studying/cramming, instead being more focused on things like Maths (that I could practice). I am also a big procrastinator, especially when it’s “on purpose” (most of the time, for more selfish/lazy reasons). Besides that, I tend to be very independent, relying more on myself, and usually want to take on leadership-like roles, especially when in group work when I just want things to turn out perfectly (and if possible, mostly my way). And finally, I’d like to mention ambition: although right now they’re a little more dim (mostly due to personal/mental health reasons), I do have big dreams that I’d like to achieve, I’d like to matter and to be able to do what I’m passionate about.

To end this weird rant, I’d just like to say that if I went deeper that I needed/was supposed to (at the end of the day, what this is about isn’t that deep xD) well, consider this me opening up a little about myself to everyone reading this, and I hope you’ll accept this account’s house change.

3 Likes

This application has been accepted. Welcome to your new house!

Please be patient and wait for the transition of switching houses to take place. Your in-game profile and house must be updated and your discord tags will change accordingly.

You must be online in-game at the same time as a co-owner in order for this transition to happen