Minecraft Username: WinterRose3

Hogwarts Roleplay Name: Winter Rose

Real-Life Age: 19

Timezone: CST (GMT -5)

Hogwarts Year: (Y2+ for all roles except Lore) Y3

Do you have Discord?: (REQUIRED) Yes

If you have Discord, what is your username?: Winter #6146

How long have you been on the server?:: Since November 24, 2015

Why should we pick you for this role?: I know I have just come back after quite a while off the server due to college. I understand why some might be hesitant while reading this application. I would be too if I were staff. However I have been on this server for a long time. I have seen this server change, develop and grow. I have seen amazing friends on here come, and go, and sometimes even return which might be one of the best feelings ever. I have seen spells been added, taken away. I have seen new rules, updates, and builds be changed. I have been here during the Mordonia days, after the Mordonia days. I’ve had fun adventures with many friends on here but still, I have NEVER broken a rule. Or at least not intentionally. Im sure everyone has accidentally broken a rule on here at some point. Never mind that, overall I am a good noodle. I have been on here as a helper and a professor, which I had been for about a year. I was an amazing helper, not to brag. But I loved it. I remember racing to answer tickets, and racing to see who can help the newbie first. Laughing in helper chat because my Newbie has gone wild and i’m trying to chase them down. I remember writing lessons for automated classes, doing crazy in-depth research and using words I usually would never use just so the lesson came out perfect. & I remember being so happy when I got the role of professor. Teaching was a blast. I loved grading papers & reading the homework which was always so much fun getting to know my peers through their assignments. It was amazing. But I wanted to do more. I am passionate about Knockturn. Every chance I get I recommend my friends to join Knockturn. I convinced all 3 of my brothers to join at one point, and got personally offended when they didn’t stay. All I want to do is help the server grow. It has gotten me through so many tough times and I want to give back. I wanted to help enforce rules as a mod to keep the server safe, and happy, so upper staff can have the time to work on improving Knockturn and making it even better than it is now. Adding new things to the server. I have always been a rule follower, and I want to guide others down that path as well.

Have You been Staff Before?: Helper, Professor, Lore

Anything you would like to add to motivate us to pick you?: It has been 2 months since my return, I have not lost any knowledge of the server. But just to be safe, in those two months I have been tutored and quizzed by other staff about the role of Mod. I have been updated on the server and the rules by staff as well as reading through them online. I know some may want me to apply for helper first and that is completely understandable. However the people who knew me in the past, as well as I, know I worked very hard as a helper and knew the role like the back of my hand. Over many weeks thinking about if I should apply for helper first, and wait on applying for mod, I have come to the conclusion that sometimes, when you know in your heart that you are ready, it is okay to jump in. Ive had a years worth of experience in helper, months of experience in professor. I want to do more for the server. I am ready. Just put a little faith in me. I can always learn more as I go. Just like I did with helper and professor and I learned quick and aced it well. I learn best from experience, I have studied all I can on the subject of mod for more than 2 years. I’m ready.

(P.S. I know this decision will be harder for newer staff that don’t quite know me yet. I get that. I hope that you have a little faith in me. Some of you will think I need more time & if that is what you believe then I will heed your advice and take that time to study more before applying again. Maybe for helper, maybe for mod again. I won’t be mad because you are only doing what is best for the server and I 100% agree with that. But the reason I apply now is because I’m determined, and I’m ready and I can’t wait any longer to prove that I am fit for the role of mod. I could wait and learn more over time but the person I am is someone who learns best in action. It’s been two years of studying. I know I have been gone for 1 of the almost 5 years I’ve been on. & its only been 2 months since my return. But the other 4 years I have learned so much. I still know way more than I don’t know from my absence, which I have caught up on through asking questions and doing research.)

(P.P.S My college only went for 1 year. So I will not be leaving anytime soon for more of it. Instead I will be working. Which will give me more time to be on the server, for my college was a conservatory program and ran from 9am-10pm, as well as homework which lasted me until midnight, if not more.)

Thank you for taking the time to read my super long application. I really appreciate it.

6 Likes
closed #2

Unfortunately, your application was not accepted. This could be due to a number of reasons and there isn’t any exact formula for explaining why or why not someone was accepted to staff. After this, you can reapply in two weeks after being denied, not sooner. Thank you for your application! :relaxed: