If your suggestion is plugin related on an existing plugin, please put the issue in on the plugin in gitlab.
Follow this check list BEFORE suggesting something:
- Is it a canon spell ? -> Do not suggest.
- Is it about a feature in a minecraft version we a not on yet? -> Do not suggest.
- Did you do research to see if it was even possible? -> If no, do not suggest.
- Is it something from the movies that you think would be cool that would take A LONG TIME TO CODE (ie: newt’s suitcase, moving stairs, jobs after graduation) -> Do not suggest, most likely we are already planning it and you’re just wasting time.
- Is it something like the forbidden spells, horcruxes, flying apparation, or animagus, that you think the server needs and doesn’t have -> If its in the movies in a large part, its not a suggestion, you just want it to happen. Suggestions are NEW ideas.
In cannon, Prefects do have unique benefits besides a crest. They have the ability to take points and are informed of short cuts and hidden places inorder to catch sneaking younger years out past cerfew or enjoying some banned candy.
I see why giving prefects the ability to take points due to misbehavior could be abuse, hence understand if that may not be the best idea. That being said, I do believe prefects should have benefits for example passwords to certain passages (with instruction not to tell anyone) or access to the rumored house flares or the ability to teleport directly to the common room.
Why it will be good:
Other people in Y5 have the minimum points to year up-however I have put in effort to study and do homework to be able to qualify for prefect. I believe this will create more motivation among players to be more active in the academic side of the server.
How it will work in code/other functions
[Write for how it will work. Realizing that coding a single spell takes an hour.]
Depending on the possible features, I imagine it may take a while to gather information and may involve a staff taking the time to instruct prefects on the do’s and dont’s.
Who do you imagine has time to implement this feature
[Next available time for someone to code is most likely close to december 2018 due to current plans. So do not follow up this post a week later asking why its not implemented even if the entire community thinks its a fabulous idea.]
I am unsure, but most likely professors, graduates, and staff members that monitor roleplay characteristics. However, I understand it will take discussion between admin+.