Rye George - FROM: Melismour TO: Fenixfyre

Rules For Applying:

• Title-> Firstname Lastname - FROM: house TO: house
  • Year 2+. Don’t bother applying under year 2. It’s auto-denied no matter what you say.
  • All house changes are final. You can never make another house change again, so be sure you want it.

IGN: RIPMissKeisha
RP NAME: Rye George
YEAR: 2
ORIGINAL HOUSE: Melismour
NEW HOUSE: Fenixfyre
REASON: (Must be at least 3 paragraphs. Must really summarize why you arent the other house and why you are the new house. Remember ALL FOUR HOUSE HEADS have to agree to you to move.)

I remember logging on a while back, and getting sorted for the first time. I’d be a liar to say I was stoked about the house that chose me. I saw “Hufflepuff” and was outright confused. Every Harry Potter test I’ve taken prior to joining KnockturnMC told me I was in Gryffindor. And admittedly my impression of Hufflepuff was not the greatest. Back in 2015 (when I first logged on which doesn’t even feel that long ago) I thought of Hufflepuff as “the extra house”. I knew nothing about them, and that ignorance really reinforced in my mind that if I didn’t know anything about them then there might not be much to them. Not long after being sorted, I recall contacting as many staff members as I could to see if I could switch into Gryffindor. I was so adamant about being in this house that I felt such a connection to. I was quite literally willing to do anything.

But Hufflepuff/Melismour has really grown on me. They are some of the kindest and most inviting people I’ve ever met. Always ready to help you, always eager to get to know you; it really does feel like such a tight-nit community of the most fun people! It’s genuinely become one of my favorite houses. I really do see how wrong I was about Hufflepuff and in hindsight it was an honest honor to be placed in Hufflepuff. With that being said, however, I know I truly don’t belong in Melismour. As much as I want to sit here and say deep down I’m this kind, patient, and extremely loyal person, I know I’m not. I think at times I can display some of these Hufflepuff characteristics, but not to the extent/level that real Hufflepuffs do. Can I be loyal? Sure, but my form of loyalty is incomparable to that of a Hufflepuffs. It runs deeper than the surface level “I can be a nice person” or “I’m extremely loyal to my friends.” It’s just something innate within them that while I deeply admire it, I know it’s not me.

After making a return to KnockturnMC not too long ago I thought I was going to be okay with staying in Melismour until I graduate. I thought I wouldn’t mind being surrounded by all these fantastic and fun individuals. But that feeling did not last long. With each point from each class I earned going to Melismour, something just didn’t sit right with me. It felt like I was playing a game and scoring in the wrong goal. So why is that the case? It’s because in my core I know I’m a Gryffindor. I would die on any hill fighting for what I believe in. I can even be a bit combative at times which isn’t one of my favorite things about myself, but when I believe in something I strongly stand for it. I have never been the type to take the path of least resistance or anything like that. I even think that instance of me trying to do everything in my power to switch into Gryffindor a while back is such a Gryffindor-esque thing to do! I think a lot of people would mistake stuff like that for brattiness and “never being told no” but moreso than anything (and maybe this is just me saving face) I think it’s just this deep sense of feeling like what you believe in is the only road to take. This devotion to following your moral compass is something I resonate with so much. Without getting too textbooky, I wholeheartedly find comfort in dancing with danger and when my mind is set on something I know I’m going to laser focus and get whatever it is done. I’m sure everybody says this on these applications but I mean it when I say I can’t see myself being in any house other than Gryffindor/Fenixfyre.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 60 minutes. New replies are no longer allowed.

Accepted! Enjoy your new house!

Make a /helpop when an Owner is online to join your new house.