Staff Building Competition Poll (Mordonia)

So, I had an idea for a monthly competition between staff members. They would be given a theme, have so long to complete a build, and then the users would decide who wins (it would be anon, you wouldn’t be allowed to know who built what). There would be prizes for them obviously, it’d be talent expanding, team trust building and just overall practice.

My question is, would this be something you’re interested in. Would you be interested in voting each month and seeing what the staff team can do? (Builders and non-builders might have separate competitions to keep it fair.)

• Yes
  • No (Explain why in replies please.)

0 voters

2 Likes

That sounds super cool! I love how it’s anonymous so it’s 100% based on skill :smiley:

4 Likes

I accidentally clicked no before I read the post oops. It soinds like a great idea though! :smiley:

1 Like

You should be able to click hide results then recast your vote on what you intended to vote for.

1 Like

I’m kind of 50/50 on this, I agree with the intentions of this idea although I don’t believe staff members should be pitted against one another, even though it’s anonymous, some people may recognize build styles and such, there will always be people that will find a loophole. In addition because there would be a winner crowned with the ‘best’ build, I wouldn’t want the people who did not win to be discouraged or feel as if they are any less of value. This can be a great thing, like as you mentioned, with talent expanding and team trust building although this can also all go south. But that’s just my opinion \o/

3 Likes

It will be monthly and I will have the first place winner sit out the next month so it will give others a chance to win. I understand what you are saying, but competitions happen all the time, and I’ve asked the staff if they want to do this as well, they wont be forced to do it either, so they will know what the ending result is xD

4 Likes

Okay good, I’m glad that cleared some things up :smile:

2 Likes

Since there has been an overwhelming amount of yes, I thought that the users could choose the first theme!

• Egyptian
  • Roman
  • Apocalyptic
  • Space
  • Autumn
  • Fantasy
  • Winter Wonderland
  • Candyland

0 voters

1 Like

Would y’all not only like to decide the winners, but also the themes each month?

3 Likes

Apocalyptic is just a straight yeet. Though autumn is very appealing too \o/

1 Like

I think Candyland would help with a nice creative touch

1 Like

agreed (sentence)

1 Like

This would be a great idea! Instead of having a staff member choose a theme or anyone else who wanted too, it’d be nice for the community to do it. Since the staff participating wouldn’t know the theme exactly, and they wouldn’t get a head start. Plus, it’d be nice for the community to get involved more. Another thing you could do, is maybe like 2-3 rounds depending on how many participants. Like say everyone wants Apocalyptic but in 2nd everyone wants Candyland. You could do rounds depending on how many participants and how many voters there are. Another thing is that maybe you could host bigger events of this, and smaller events. Like a big one such as ‘The winner gets xx amount of crowns/galleons’ and have like 25 or something, and they can build as big as they want or lke 45x45. and a smol event be like ‘The winner gets xx amount of galleons’ and have like 10 or something and have a smaller theme that wouldn’t need such a large space, and like 10x10 or 11x11 or 9x9 or something. idk I’m just giving some thoughts XD

1 Like