Follow this check list BEFORE suggesting something:
- Is it a canon spell ? -> Do not suggest.
- Is it about a feature in a minecraft version we a not on yet? -> Do not suggest.
- Did you do research to see if it was even possible? -> If no, do not suggest.
- Is it something from the movies that you think would be cool that would take A LONG TIME TO CODE (ie: newt’s suitcase, moving stairs, jobs after graduation) -> Do not suggest, most likely we are already planning it and you’re just wasting time.
- Is it something like the forbidden spells, horcruxes, flying apparation, or animagus, that you think the server needs and doesn’t have -> If its in the movies in a large part, its not a suggestion, you just want it to happen. Suggestions are NEW ideas.
This suggestion is called ‘Copy My Notes’ and it is a way for people who cannot dedicate a lot of time to the server to still be able to year up and experience the server to the full and all of the hard work that the developers do. The idea is simple: Students pay a large fee (we are talking over 300 galleons) to get a percentage boost to their class attendance or a purple cross added to their statistics. I saw that the staff team were planning on a recode for classes and thought this would be a good time to leave a suggestion for the classes.
This is similar to copying a friends notes in real life after school if say you are sick or have an appointment and cannot attend a class and need to catch up with the coursework.
Now, I understand that this may be perceived as a shortcut to yearing up and as such this function should have a cool down of perhaps a few days/weeks depending on the developers preference.
Why it will be good:
I think this will be good because it is a way for people to appreciate the hard work the developers put into the server.
Some players simply cannot dedicate enough time to the server to attend classes or cant get online when classes are being held and as such will never year up and get to experience all of the features of the server. I think everyone deserves a chance to year up and this provides an alternative way to gain class attendance
This also does not encourage laziness as players would have to work just as hard raising galleons to afford the ‘Copy my notes’
How it will work in code/other functions
Well, I have thought of a few ways to implement this. Have a sign in the study hall that says ‘Copy my notes’ or something like that. When this sign is clicked, a player will receive a percentage increase to class attendance or a purple cross (or both) This sign would then have a cooldown.
Another way would be to have a kshop in each of the common rooms which sells a ‘Late slip’ or something which can then be cashed in for class attendance or a purple cross which would work similarly to the pet tickets when right clicked.
Who do you imagine has time to implement this feature
The team that are working on/planning a recode of the classes plugin