The loss of Liam as Co-Owner

Hello everyone,

As many of you might have noticed, Liam Blishwick has not been around nearly as frequently as our other Co-Owners. Despite 3 years ~ of constantly running about, being a rock in times when I (pandette) kind of disappeared, and being the person who was always around, hard times came to Liam. For once, his real world took priority, and Knockturn a back seat. He left Knockturn just when we were truly getting on our feet. Fortunate for us, we didn’t have that same baby-like dependency on Liam that we had for at least 1 of the 3 years he was with the server.

Liam brought about many important changes for Knockturn. For one, he was the first person who worked extensively on potions recipes. For another, he was generally the person who knew the answer to anything, in most aspects, being so similar to me in trains of thoughts, I rarely had to be present, since we agreed on almost anything.

Liam was the 2nd person to become a co-owner. And he was around so long, that at first it was pretty odd to have him not around. However, the server has aged, and while we will miss Liam, it’s not as dependent on Liam.

Words cannot truly express how much he has done for the server, so I will leave it here.

@Crane

40 Likes

I’m going to miss you so much Crane/Liam ;-; I can’t remember how long since I’ve seen you on the server, but it’s pretty early. Early as when everyone used to use the old forums back then haha.
Right when I was starting to come back onto the server too… Everyone on Knockturn will deeply miss you!
I remember always seeing your name on the players list whenever I hit /tab, you were truly one of the memorable staff members I’ve ever had. Won’t ever forget you!

2 Likes

Liam you better come back to visit once things are a lot more smoother. I still need to pay you back that stack of galleons you gave me when I was a newb and named me, which I won’t be changing cause it’s a pretty dang good one. :rofl:

Thanks for all you’ve done. KTN misses ya. :pensive:

2 Likes

.-. Im going to miss you a lot. You really helped me get going with both the potions code and the creation of recipes, and you helped me look over my recipes and tell me where I can improve. I will forever remember the way that Hari always referenced you – The true potions master. While I didn’t get a chance to know you personally that well, your reputation preceded you, and i did end up getting to know you in a work-way.

Thank you for all you assistance, and I will do my best not to let you down with potions.

5 Likes

Although I didn’t get to know you really good I want to thank you for making those great potions and for teaching me my first classes. :cry:

3 Likes

Omg , i honestly didn’t think this was going to happen. You were such a kind person and always helped when i needed it. Whats gonna happen to gryff’n’chill now? Your potions classes , were GREAT and I’m gonna miss them so much, and i can’t forget how much of a great seeker you where, i would have loved the chance to play with you on the team someday.
So to summarise , I’ll miss you and everything you did, and i hope one day your able to come back to the server.

• UmbreonQueen / Umbreon Weasley / Umbreon Arima / Umbreon Yuuki
    (AKA that really annoying Gryffindor that thought she could get away with swearing in Swedish but couldn’t, Thanks for not banning me XD)
1 Like

Liam, you’ve always been a friend in my eyes, and even though you may not even remember me, the sausage drawing of bologna will always rest in my heart :cry:.

3 Likes

Noo Liam!!! I’ll miss you so much, dad. Come back to us in the future! <3 <3

4 Likes

Bye Liam, and thank you for everything you’ve done!

3 Likes

Rip Liam, thanks for all those… interesting house passwords o/

2 Likes

Very interesting…

1 Like

Lima bean! It is truly sad to see you go. I haven’t talk to you in so long, and that just makes me miss you more. You were a great owner, but an even better friend. I hope things will go well for you away from knockturn, so good luck I the real world.

3 Likes

Liam needs to come back

5 Likes

This makes me pretty sad :frowning: Liam has provided so much for KnockTurn by putting us first, but he has made the right choice by putting real life first… It’s always sad to see a player leave after so long, but Liam is different… Liam was so influential and so key to the server for such a long time, that KTN without him, will be so very different in it’s atmosphere. While I wish you the best of luck with whatever is going on in real life Liam, just know that we, as a whole and a community, are always gonna be here for you if you need us or ever want to come back to us… Thank you for all the memories and everything you’ve done for myself and KnockTurn… I’ll never forget my first Potions lesson with you and your Snape mask :wink: … Goodbye Liam…

3 Likes

Once Liam’s life has smoothed out, he better come back or at least pop on to say hello! Potions isn’t the same without his knowledge, expertise, and dedication. And younger generations of staff will miss out on his helpful snarky-at-times advice.

Best wishes to Laim tho I shall still spam him with Pokemon Go every so often.

4 Likes

Liam, you will be missed. Its so weird without you being on, even through you were never on. You were as constant as the building on the servers. Thank you for all your hard work on knockturn <3
~Meow Malfoy

4 Likes

He has definetly changed and helped the server in many ways as Pandette says. I can remember him when I first joined the server, and as staff member I still did although he was not around too often. He will be missed :confused: , and will always be remembered, by be and my everyone who had the luck to work and/or be around him.

Take care Liam you rock it

2 Likes

so does this make me head Blishwick now?

jkjk

In all seriousness, this guy joined the server the same time as me and quickly became someone I looked up to for info, tips, tricks, shortcuts, advice, kicks and giggles, derpiness, and many more things. His wit and dedication will not be matched by anyone so easily. He also pushed to have me become demi-admin back when that was a role even when I was hesitant about becoming one and probably most of the admin+ team were doubtful of me.

4 Likes

I stil question your abilities xD

2 Likes

I have to thank Liam very much. If it was when I was a newb and failed at duelling (“Incendiod” gg me) or supervising classes. He supported and mentored me when I became Admin and later Owner. It was always great to spend time with him, doing work for the server or just messing around. So for me it is even more sad and I hate that I gotta say bye for now, Liam. Thank you for all @Crane

3 Likes