Tier of spell casting, and year at Hogwarts should be unrelated

Follow this check list BEFORE suggesting something:

• Is it a canon spell ? -> Do not suggest.
  • Is it about a feature in a minecraft version we a not on yet? -> Do not suggest.
  • Did you do research to see if it was even possible? -> If no, do not suggest.
  • Is it something from the movies that you think would be cool that would take A LONG TIME TO CODE (ie: newt’s suitcase, moving stairs, jobs after graduation) -> Do not suggest, most likely we are already planning it and you’re just wasting time.
  • Is it something like the forbidden spells, horcruxes, flying apparation, or animagus, that you think the server needs and doesn’t have -> If its in the movies in a large part, its not a suggestion, you just want it to happen. Suggestions are NEW ideas.

Suggestion
I think that on the server, it is unfair to to all the work to get up to such a high tier, but then be limited to a low year progression. And what if said wizard/witch is homeschooled, or went to another institute of magic, such as Ilvermorny, then they would not be able to cast above a teir 3 spell.

Why it will be good:
This will be good because it will allow other students, or non students to cast spells. Such as in Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, EVERYONE is apparating everywhere. Apparation is requiring you to be a year 6 at Hogwarts, and I know this sounds canon(thanks to everyone that taught me what that meant XD), but I think that it should be completetly unrelated.

How it will work in code/other functions
It may actually make things easier to create, higher tier spells. You would not have to do java’s version of ‘if’ statements or whatever you do.

Who do you imagine has time to implement this feature
I do not know who would have the time to implement this feature, as I do not know anyone’s schedule. I do believe that it might take a while to complete, and I will be patient.

Which server?
Ummm, Mord obviously.

The reason we keep the tiers locked by your year, because you will never find a year one student casting complex spells like confringo. Besides that it is a motivation for students to actually attend classes as those have no real in game value besides the attandance you get

3 Likes

Like Michael said, would you see a first or second year casting intense and complicated spells? Probably not since they’re only 11-12.

Also in Fantastic Beasts reminder that the main characters are all adults who have graduated from their respective schools. We strive to be as canon as possible and it has always been Year 6+ students in the books who qualified to apparate.

Is also a motivation to encourage yearing up thus more actively attending classes ^^

1 Like

I see you post a lot of suggestions that basically are made for ppl to become op without doing work

1 Like

WHO LIKED THAT!?!? XD JK.
I don’t want to be op, I don’t really like how tier and hogwarts year are so closly enforced. I agree that some spells you should have to be a certain year at hogwarts, such as apparation. But me not being able to cast spell that sorts my inventory…

If you cannot sort your inventory by using the spell, the spell developer that coded that spell clearly didnt believe the spell was something a young student like you could cast -_-

Kinda the point, it shouldn’t matter what year you are at Hogwarts, bc what if you went to a different SChool, or was homeschoold?

Also, hogs is rlly laggy, so ye

You don’t get the idea of knockturn. Every rp character starts of as a new student for Hogwarts without knowledge about spells. That’s the concept. You aren’t homeschooled and that is not on you to change.

oh, didn’t know that…

Also, year and tier were unrelated before which lead to people like garreott having 35 nonverbals at year 2. That, along with people who does nothing but spellspam without caring for the role play aspect made it feel so out of place for me. At least that is why I supported the tier lock along with (I believe) the majority of the server

2 Likes

You get a solution thingy, and a like, bc u are my favorite here crane.