Tips for Chasers: How to Treat Your Keeper Well

Hello o/ I’m Carter Starling, Keeper and former Chaser on the Hufflepuff Quidditch team. Recently there has been a player shortage on some of the teams and I’ve been seeing a lot of players fill in for the chaser position, along with some new players here and there that may not have much experience with playing with keepers. So here are a few tips to help both of us out.

1. Due to some lame game mechanics, players over ~16 chunks (256 blocks) away are not visible.
I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but the Quidditch pitch is sorta kinda enormous. This means if you’re at the other team’s hoops your keeper cannot see you (ya, even if their render distance is 31274914123 chunks). Don’t sit over there and expect us to pass it directly to you. Also keep in mind that the enemy keeper and chasers can clearly see you at all times, making your movements easier to track.

2. If you don’t have the quaffle, your movements should be predictable.
No one on the other team is interested in you unless you have the quaffle and bludgers are too slow for Starsweepers to even matter when you’re flying straight (sorry beaters, love ya <2). More importantly, the keeper can easily pass to you as soon as they are handed the quaffle. If you’re flying in zigzags and randomly turning in loops there is a 99.99% chance you’re gonna make the keeper (or your chasers) flunk a pass. You should only be flying perpendicular to the hoops unless you’re scoring or have 17 thirsty chasers right behind you. Otherwise it’s pretty much pointless.

3. Stay in front of the hoops or I will murder you
First of all, your aim is to score on the other side of the pitch >:V Secondly, 180 degree turns are disorienting and too much effort (I might be a little lazy). When a keeper is handed the quaffle, they’ll be searching in the direction of the enemy’s hoops 99.6849% of the time, so be there for them to see and there will be no issues. There are a few scenarios where you can go behind the hoops without me murdering you.

• The quaffle is there… without someone holding it.
  • Your keeper is being lame and won’t steal from the chasers so you take it upon yourself to do it.
  • Your keeper is still being lame and missed a pass, and the quaffle magically went backwards.

Those are my main points. If ya don’t like what I have to say, we can argue about it in the comments :wink: (jk I take constructive criticism). Good luck out there on the pitch.

17 Likes
  1. DONT BULLY YOUR KEEPER :joy:

@Kwesi

5 Likes

@Pengauno cough is it him bullying u or u bullying him image

3 Likes

Yeah! I’m the victim here! :cry:

2 Likes

I quote: “okay everyone be a beater or chaser on white team vs hazel”

whEre cAn I gEt A LawYer

3 Likes

WHAT I WANNA BE BEATER WHY DO I MISS OUT ON THESE THINGS-- i mean kira ily xD

2 Likes

I love how this post was undoubtedly but not on purpose directed at the Gryffindor team, lmao
Ah, the endless bullying at practises is magical…

Could anyone also make a post on Tips for Beaters : How to not bully fellow chasers on slow brooms? ( cough @Blizzard cough )

1 Like

That is honestly a good tip for beaters, though. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Although, that right there is one of the unspoken rules of “beater etiquette”: you should not target someone repeatedly for being slow because it just seems like bullying.

For chasers and keepers: keep the quaffle in the pitch…

3 Likes

Whoops? It’s just quite entertaining really… xD

1 Like