Unforgivable curses

If your suggestion is plugin related on an existing plugin, please put the issue in on the plugin in gitlab.

Follow this check list BEFORE suggesting something:

• Is it a canon spell ? -> Do not suggest.
  • Is it about a feature in a minecraft version we a not on yet? -> Do not suggest.
  • Did you do research to see if it was even possible? -> If no, do not suggest.
  • Is it something from the movies that you think would be cool that would take A LONG TIME TO CODE (ie: newt’s suitcase, moving stairs, jobs after graduation) -> Do not suggest, most likely we are already planning it and you’re just wasting time.
  • Is it something like the forbidden spells, horcruxes, flying apparation, or animagus, that you think the server needs and doesn’t have -> If its in the movies in a large part, its not a suggestion, you just want it to happen. Suggestions are NEW ideas.

Suggestion
Imperio: perhaps go into someone’s body like gm3 and be able to move or a Wingardium Leviosa on players?
Crucio: Sectumsempra + Miedo with higher damage.
Avada Kedavra: Laying on the ground forcibly for 5 minutes? Maybe longer/shorter. Or perhaps an insta kill towards the Infirmary/Hospital. As downside of casting one perhaps have your hearts halfed for a day, or several days as resemblance of the soul breaking a little. These would be incredibly rare scrolls and only able to be casted by a very high tier. They would also have a very long cooldown.

This is purely a suggestion and I don’t expect it implemented anytime soon, just some ideas :slight_smile:

All credit goes to Will, he’s just too lazy to post this

Why it will be good:
It’ll be a fun new addition of spells and would be cool canon-wise too and it stops people from whining about them

How it will work in code/other functions
As for Crucio combine the effects of Miedo and Sectumsempra and perhaps higher the damage and duration of the screaming/not able to cast anything.
For Imperio this would be the most complicated one, especially considering players keep falling when they’re lifted in the air. As for controlling someone else’s body I have no clue honestly, this is also the spell that could just be skipped when there is no possibility for it ever to work without losing its original purpose.
Avada would be like the Draught of Living Death but longer.
The half hearts could simply be a long effect or a different way, I’m sure there is a way to do this with coding that shouldn’t be too difficult.

Who do you imagine has time to implement this feature
Michael will most likely be the one to code the spells, perhaps with help of Pande or other developers willing to help. This is a big project and would probably take quite a long time. I understand if there is no time to code this right now, however perhaps in a few months :slight_smile:
Which server?
Hogwarts

2 Likes

Doesn’t it say at the top not to suggest that?

Yea but this is to give devs an idea of how to add them since no one really knows how :slight_smile: