If your suggestion is plugin related on an existing plugin, please put the issue in on the plugin in gitlab.
Follow this check list BEFORE suggesting something:
- Is it a canon spell ? -> Do not suggest.
- Is it about a feature in a minecraft version we a not on yet? -> Do not suggest.
- Did you do research to see if it was even possible? -> If no, do not suggest.
- Is it something from the movies that you think would be cool that would take A LONG TIME TO CODE (ie: newt’s suitcase, moving stairs, jobs after graduation) -> Do not suggest, most likely we are already planning it and you’re just wasting time.
- Is it something like the forbidden spells, horcruxes, flying apparation, or animagus, that you think the server needs and doesn’t have -> If its in the movies in a large part, its not a suggestion, you just want it to happen. Suggestions are NEW ideas.
Well, I wasn’t sure how to phrase it. We have house chat, global, local, etc. but what about adding a chat to talk to people in the same year as you.
Why it will be good:
Sometimes it is nice to talk to people in your year, because they’re in the same classes as well. I’m not exactly sure what people would talk about, maybe classes, but there isn’t exactly a set topic for any of the different chat channels, except for market.
How it will work in code/other functions
[Write for how it will work. Realizing that coding a single spell takes an hour.]
I’m not sure how the amazing knockturn devs have it set up, but assuming it’s just groups, there would just be a chat prefix for year chat, and different years would have different channels… not sure though. Sorry if I’m completely off.
Who do you imagine has time to implement this feature
[Next available time for someone to code is most likely close to december 2018 due to current plans. So do not follow up this post a week later asking why its not implemented even if the entire community thinks its a fabulous idea.] Probably a developer? Again, not sure how the chat channels are set up, code wise.